Game-Labs Forum

Remove Drops from Undefended Port Battles increase Drop Rate for Defended Port Battles

Drops from undefended port battle is kind of exploity.

Best not to incentivize this type of player behavior.

Increase Drop Rate for Quality and Chance for Craft Notes for Defended Port Battles.  Incentivizing PVP is good.

Edited by Heibges
  • Like 4

Why punish those who attack a port that they do not know is defended? I understand certain people exploit it, but theres no need to change the mechanic, change the people and punish those who exploit.

In theory this sounds good, but like the guy above me said, you do not know always in advance  whether there will be devenders or not.

Besides sometimes you have to take a port that is not even interesting for the enemy nation to defend it. Especially after map resets.

Keep in mind that ports cost over 150-600k gold  yes if 25 people split the bill you come out with a profit but for those 8-15 man groups that not making much off the stuff you get.

That's true, but securing all the town's resources for one faction is worth much more than that.  So there is still a reward, it's just more like investment dividends, rather than a lottery jackpot.

Why punish those who attack a port that they do not know is defended? I understand certain people exploit it, but theres no need to change the mechanic, change the people and punish those who exploit.

Yeah but they aren't really exploiting, it's just that the reward mechanic is a little exploit.  And as I was saying above, controlling the resources of a port is a HUGE benefit.

Edited by Heibges