Game-Labs Forum

Mission battle... open the limits?

A small suggestions for the devs.

Why not to open the battles available for Missions? Honestly sometimes I have no time to play and I would simply like to get some experience in fighting (aiming especially and manual sailing in a battle). So why not to open the Mission battles limit? Maybe add one extra level up and down (so we will have five Missions total). Of course, if one selects a low level battle, the XP and gold should be heavily reduced. I am proposing this modification (1) so players will be able to refine their fighting skills (2) if you have not a lot of time you can be able to fight one battle which will not last long (3) maybe it will help the new players to get more comfortable with the battle mechanics. 

What do you think?

• Like 1

The idea of still being able to access lower-level missions is a good one for a couple of reasons, I think. One is that it leaves the mission option open as a way to rebuild funds after a significant loss or reroll. Two is that it still gives you an easily-accessed method of fighting smaller ships with your larger one, and while the gold and xp gain should of course be significantly lowered (perhaps the gold reward removed entirely) to reflect this, the actual experience of practicing fighting off small, nimble craft with a frigate (for example) is invaluable.

I hope that missions are changed so they feel less grindey and more useful

Absolutely... more variety will automatically lead to different time for each battle... If I have a couple of hours I would gladly do a longer mission.

The idea of still being able to access lower-level missions is a good one for a couple of reasons, I think. One is that it leaves the mission option open as a way to rebuild funds after a significant loss or reroll. Two is that it still gives you an easily-accessed method of fighting smaller ships with your larger one, and while the gold and xp gain should of course be significantly lowered (perhaps the gold reward removed entirely) to reflect this, the actual experience of practicing fighting off small, nimble craft with a frigate (for example) is invaluable.

Thank you Francis, I did not think about the reroll. And also, I have some smaller ships which I love :) so it would be nice to be able to use them for some low level mission battle.

• Like 1

And also, I have some smaller ships which I love :) so it would be nice to be able to use them for some low level mission battle.

That's a good point, too. The smaller ships are still a lot of fun to play; bigger isn't always better. When I feel like playing my Mercury I go out merchant-raiding, but I can't see a good reason to lock it out from mission-running if that's the player's preference.

• Like 1