Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2] The French Strike Back

Slamz

post-11133-0-83585400-1456684711_thumb.jpg

Amid rumors that the Pirate faction has splintered, France made an off-hours strike, capturing every pirate port in the southeast that was not nailed down with a capture window, facing minimal resistance.

Can France hold onto their gains?

Can France carry this success into prime time?

Have the pirates truly dissolved?

Is this all part of Brucy and Obliterarti's master plan?

Will a new pirate leader rise from the ashes, and what might his plan be?

Stay tuned!

-----

The situation for the Pirates does look bleak, especially for a team that may well have been the #2 power on the server just a few days ago. The U.S. and Britain have basically taken over the Mortimer Town area, having captured ports right next to it, giving them reinforcement zones and supply areas right next to the pirate capital. The French team, having turned defiant and downright bloodthirsty in the face of the pirate takeover of their area, had been having their "Gates of Fire" moment at Pedernales, holding onto that one port and using it as a base for thrashing any pirate that tried to use the southeast corner and sacking many trade ships trying to get goods out of there. For any French who wanted it, it was PvP all night every night for two weeks.

The pirates were leveling with impunity out of Camp du Roy, however. With far fewer numbers and weaker ships, the French couldn't contest the north and the south ends of their old home at the same time.

Then OMG -- not a big guild by numbers but a guild that actually enjoys PvP and can therefore have a big presence -- went French and started hunting in the Camp du Roy area.

These three things may have broken the backs of the Pirates.

Under the reckless leadership of the top Pirate guilds, the Pirates made enemies out of basically everyone on the map, gave up their defensible home and went to a corner that turned out to be occupied by dedicated PvPers who lived only to harass them. The Pirates have washed up broken upon the shores of France. Of all places. (I did try to tell them. But nooooo.)

"What's next for France?"

Well, first we have to see if this is the new reality or if the pirates can and will attack again. We could lose it all again tomorrow for all we know. Maybe the pirates were just on vacation. Maybe there was a Teletubbies marathon on this weekend.

If this is the new reality, then I guess we start rebuilding France.

And then we have to decide what to do with a French team that, through trial by fire, has actually turned into a bunch of bloodthirsty cutthroats, hungry for more PvP. I don't think a lot of the French are very enthusiastic about going back to fleet grinding. (Although some variety would be nice. I mean PvP all day every day. Work work.)

And if the pirates are still here, still fighting, then we do the same thing we do every day: kill pirates.

(There is no Vichy France in this war.)

• Like 3

Maybe there was a Teletubbies marathon on this weekend.

There was, and I hear it was positively delightful. A solid all-around morale booster.

From the PvP1 French I salute you gentlemen and your continued resistance, and have been pointing to you as our inspiration as we begin to find ourselves in similar waters. Never stop fighting! Vive la France!

• Like 1

Lol the sad part is. Slamz is taking credit for something he had nothing to do with. more than half the power of their little early morning fleet were pirates.

Well, we're more like privateers, but in any case, the French are actually quite fun to play with. They're smaller but after hearing them during battle, you can tell they're almost always having a blast, even if outnumbered.

Not all of the pirates are push-overs. I look forward to fighting those folks who do decide to remain in the SE. But speaking as a Bahama-pirate-turned-French-privateer, I would like to say that those who are dedicated to continue playing pirate are probably better off now. The French resistance thinned out the SE pirate herd by chasing off most of the steamroll zergs. Some even went British, lol, as if the Brits 2nd largest faction on PVP 2 US even needs the help.

Lol the sad part is. Slamz is taking credit for something he had nothing to do with. more than half the power of their little early morning fleet were pirates.

If you are looking for someone to blame/take credit, that honor goes to Mandrake of LMN, as he organized the whole campaign.  You should prolly put a bounty on his head, if you got the cash.  Perhaps that will encourage some of your boys to come out and play.

If it helps, I think most of the credit for this goes to the pirate leadership. Without them, none of this would have happened.

• Like 5

If it helps, I think most of the credit for this goes to the pirate leadership. Without them, none of this would have happened.

So true, if only they had someone to slap their egos out of them earlier. Even worse, though, they won't learn any humility, nor any other valuable lesson from this. And just like that, after several self-proclaimed leaders ignored logic and common sense, Pirates appear to be doomed to irrelevance on PvP2.

• Like 1

post-11133-0-68160300-1456721670_thumb.jpg

Sunday night, prime time attack on Puerto de Espania was a success. Hard fight with only partial showing by the pirates. The loss of their 3rd rates gave us the BR we needed to grab the win.

15 Pirates (+1 Cutter pet)

25 French

So true, if only they had someone to slap their egos out of them earlier. Even worse, though, they won't learn any humility, nor any other valuable lesson from this. And just like that, after several self-proclaimed leaders ignored logic and common sense, Pirates appear to be doomed to irrelevance on PvP2.

LOL. I believe it was most of the SE pirates who said, "Good, we're better off without OMG anyway." How many hundreds of pirates were sailing around in the lesser Antilles last week?

At most, maybe 20 players from OMG went French, and the next thing you know, some of those same smack-talking pirates jumped ship and ran to the next largest faction. That's humility for you.

The lesser Antilles pirates didn't really want to play like pirates. They wanted to be 'nationals with a black flag' all along. They'll fit in better with Britain or US anyway, it matches their play styles.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 1

Unfortunately that's because pirates in their current implementation are designed to be played the same as every other nation. However that's not how I want to play it :)

That is true. I hope the developers can come up with something refreshingly different for the pirate 'faction' in terms of play style.

I'd say at this point 60-70% of the pirate combat power has jumped ship to another nation. With more leaving every single day. Sure there are some smaller clans and individuals whom can't really field 3rd rates left. Most of the rest have decided to just freeport hop and give up nation building.

• Like 1