Game-Labs Forum

PVP2US "moonshine raider" trolling and/or working for the other team

I would like to report this player for behavior that most of us considered totally out of line last night in a port battle between Pirates and Brits @ Little Iguana (approx 10pm EST).

This Pirate player joined the port battle fight in a Surprise w/ 2 fleet members and he was a level 1, undercrewing the Surprise at 25% crew. By joining the battle, he potentially prevented 3 players from joining, players that would probably have tipped the balance in our favor. His behavior on chat was against the rules, but I don't really care much about that.

Once the battle started, he shot at us and rammed some of us before leaving, so it is obvious his sole intention was to disrupt the battle and freeze those spots to prevent us from having a fair and fun fight.

I would also take the opportunity to recommend to the devs that there should be a minimum rank and possibly limit to full crew players for deep water port battles and I would also recommend that any fleet members be "temporary" members that can be replaced by actual players at any time within the normal "join" window of said battle.

It was just one guy, but if the enemy was to use 5-6 alts to conduct such cheap tactics, it would severely impact the game's viability both for port and open sea battles.

• Like 2

Green on green is against the rules..if you have screen shot it helps and videos even better.   The other thing is the charter had to of had another steam account and purchased a game to be able to alt jump and cause that trouble and he was only one ship unless he had AI with him, he only take one slot. its a bummer that happened though.

• Like 1

Green on green is against the rules..if you have screen shot it helps and videos even better.   The other thing is the charter had to of had another steam account and purchased a game to be able to alt jump and cause that trouble and he was only one ship unless he had AI with him, he only take one slot. its a bummer that happened though.

It was him in a 60 crew Surprise and his 2 Cutters, so 3 slots. In reality he didn't hurt that much because we didn't have 25 but the sheer fact he was there to begin with on top of doing green on green makes me suspect he was either a uber troll, a total retard or a Brit player just looking to tip the odds.

Banned, reprimended whatever won't change much. I hope the devs have IP logs and can check if indeed the player was associated with anyone on the other team. Banning a high level player associated with this behavior would be a good way to fight this.

I'm just very sad to see this kind of exploit happening. Not as if a 25 man defense team needed this kind of under the belt tactic. Hoping it was just a troll or retard, but I don't have that much faith in humanity.

Not taking any sides on this but did he say anything in chat? did you try follow up with him or ask if anyone knew him? also I don't believe there is anything against under crewing a ship nor will there ever be, obviously it's going to be bad for the person doing it. I know it's unfortunate but it happens all the time to everyone on every nation and server sadly. 

If you have video evidence of him ramming people and firing at friendly forces I am sure that would be enough for him to receive a punishment, though don't take my word on that.

Edited by Lord Roberts

I'm not gonna retype what he said verbatim but there was a lot of "N" working going around and cursing.

Now, was this just a troll, a super bad player or an actual Brit spy I cannot say for sure. But if I were a dev, I would look at the logs. I have a feeling they'd be able to tie his IP to one of the Brits on that fight... Or perhaps even one of the Pirates, because we had some guys that changed nations and are hell bent on causing us trouble.

Worth investigating.. because if there is no punishment for that, I'll go ahead and have all my boys buy seconds accounts to do exactly that to everyone and we'll just steamroll the server without any opposition... you know?

Sadly there is no actual proof that he was a spy from another nation, in regards to the chat logs you can see them for yourself (E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Naval Action) in the "Logs" folder or "Crashdumps" > "Logs" 

the only issue with that is it's opened with a notepad and can easily be forged and thus the moderators and devs won't use that as proof, from what I have seen.

Worth investigating.. because if there is no punishment for that, I'll go ahead and have all my boys buy seconds accounts to do exactly that to everyone and we'll just steamroll the server without any opposition... you know?

You would do such a thing without any evidence and just on your own suspicion? You, sir, are not a gentleman.

I would like to report this player for behavior that most of us considered totally out of line last night in a port battle between Pirates and Brits @ Little Iguana (approx 10pm EST).

This Pirate player joined the port battle fight in a Surprise w/ 2 fleet members and he was a level 1, undercrewing the Surprise at 25% crew. By joining the battle, he potentially prevented 3 players from joining, players that would probably have tipped the balance in our favor. His behavior on chat was against the rules, but I don't really care much about that.

Once the battle started, he shot at us and rammed some of us before leaving, so it is obvious his sole intention was to disrupt the battle and freeze those spots to prevent us from having a fair and fun fight.

I would also take the opportunity to recommend to the devs that there should be a minimum rank and possibly limit to full crew players for deep water port battles and I would also recommend that any fleet members be "temporary" members that can be replaced by actual players at any time within the normal "join" window of said battle.

It was just one guy, but if the enemy was to use 5-6 alts to conduct such cheap tactics, it would severely impact the game's viability both for port and open sea battles.

Any screenshots has been made, Captain?

You would do such a thing without any evidence and just on your own suspicion? You, sir, are not a gentleman.

You misunderstood, I meant if there is no punishment for this kind of behavior, was not talking about this case in particular as I obviously have no way to prove it was a ln alt spy. The devs have ot though.

Anyways I'm just venting, but if everyone starts doing that the game is as good as dead.

Any screenshots has been made, Captain?

Several of the members took shots but I don't have any myself.