Game-Labs Forum

Audible Tagging Cue  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What type of audible cue should be used for tagging?

• Beat-to-Quarters (Drums + Crew Chatter)
    • Whistle + Crew Chatter
    • Bell + Crew Chatter
    • None
    • Other

Often times captains can get distracted or tired on long voyages. As such they can be easily caught off guard when tagged. A captain may not realize he has been tagged on the open sea because he is checking his charts (looking at the map), or observing the crew (have another window open, like looking at the forums).

Currently, there are only visual cues to when someone is tagging or being tagged. A simple addition may be to add an audible cue for when a tag is commenced as well. For example, a quick beat upon a drum followed by the chatter of crew as they scurry to quarters. Similarly, a few strikes upon the bell or a quick flourish on the whistle could have the same effect.

The audio would be heard by everyone in the battle radius being tagged. 

There could even be different audibles for when an NPC is tagging and when a Player is tagging.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I was thinking the same thing the other day while on a long voyage. The trip lasted over an hour and yes, there were times that I would reference my charts for my location as well as close by port information. At no time would I consider myself "semi-afk." A beat to quarters would be sweet if I happened to be in my cabin during a long voyage.

While I like the idea of authentic audio cues for different actions, and would normally enjoy hearing the whistle and drums, on principle I can't agree with adding it just to help people more safely play while semi-afk. Pay attention or accept the risk.

There are only two types of Naval Action players.

*Those who sail long distances AFK

*Those who lie about it and like to gank the other type