Game-Labs Forum

Port Battle Rewards

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds it incredibly frustrating when after a hard fought port battle, your reward is like 400 compass wood, and you can hold like....50 of them.

If a huge part of your reward will be lost, there should be either greater gold and XP to make up for it, or a mechanism to ship your reward to an outpost, similar to the way it works now for free town deliveries.

• Like 3

Il just quote what steel said regarding that:

I think port battles will become very interesting soon  :)

Land masses are WIP, this means bays, island, but maybe also shallows(?).

Furthermore,with heavier forts being WIP, they will force attacking fleets to carry siege ships.

With the implementation of raids, there might be a need for heavily armed merchants to participate in order to take/carry the loot.

If you combine these things it might soon look like:

Attackers 15 SOL's, 3 frigs, 3 siege, 4 merchants.

Defenders 15 SOL's, 10 frigs.

The attacker will have to assault/siege the forts, yet needs some frigs to protect the vulnerable ships.

The defender in turn will have the need for maneuverable ships to flank the enemy SOL's, to go after the siege ships.

And that would be just the beginning of the diversification.

• Like 1

I've done A LOT of port battles and I agree the rewards are not great. I'm fine with the money. I think the module loot is great, I even don't mind that you can't carry off all the goods but the xp gain is atrocious. These PBs take a lot of time to organize, the towers are OP and if undefended are boring as hell yet when you get out of them you get a whopping 13 xp.

I'd say that at a minimum a player should earn 500 xp for a successful PB.