Game-Labs Forum

Give an option to turn off rain for FPS purposes

Playing on a very old PC I can run the game but on low FPS (7-9 OW and 15 average in battle) and this is fine the OW is a bit blocky and the landstrip between coro and mitara doesn't render in but it is managable.

Then rain comes in and in battle my FPS drops to 6-7 and in OW to 4-5, this is really ruining the game for my and without it I would have much more fun playing it, It just turns a okay FPS rate for me into a horrible experience.

So please devs can you give me the oppertunity to turn off the rain.

Cheers,

Bram Luijken

Not to be a cold hearted sucker but i have to say that i am against this suggestion. 

Turning off the rain is like turning off the smoke. It provides the person who disable it with an advantage and so it indirectly forces everyone who wants to be competitive to do the same. 

Hopefully the graphics will be optimized at some point and this won't be an issue for you anymore. 

• Like 4

Not to be a cold hearted sucker but i have to say that i am against this suggestion. 

Turning off the rain is like turning off the smoke. It provides the person who disable it with an advantage and so it indirectly forces everyone who wants to be competitive to do the same. 

Hopefully the graphics will be optimized at some point and this won't be an issue for you anymore. 

It's the fog that comes along with the rain that really affects visibility.

• Like 1

It's the fog that comes along with the rain that really affects visibility.

Hmm, if that is the case then i personally don't see a problem with people turning off Rain (But keeping Fog). 

I'm just worried that i'll one day have to disable something like Rain just to stay competetive. (Yeah i know, i suck, lol.) :P

• Like 1

I'm just worried that i'll one day have to disable something like Rain just to stay competetive. (Yeah i know, i suck, lol.) :P

Nah, that's just the way it is, I totally agree. We'd all love to have the full immersion of weather but if the other guy has turned it off to gain a visibility advantage then you pretty much have to do the same, the same way we'd all increase gamma to eliminate the effect of darkness if need be.

I'd hate to lose the rain, since I really enjoy the effect, but I understand the hit on older machines and can get behind the desire to disable it so long as it doesn't change visibility. I suspect Maturin's correct in that the fog is the major player there.

• Like 2

I don't say turn of the fog just the effects of the rain, the fog is what is lowering your visibility for 99%, the rain is wat is lowering your FPS for 50%

Please don't remove the fog I don't want to have an advantage but I just don't want the rain effects who are taking the FPS.

Edited by bramluijken
  • Like 1