Game-Labs Forum

Remove reinforcement zones

I think the reinforcement zones are fine, sure they need some tweaking but the overall concept is okay. If a bigger nation musters a fleet of 25 v 15, and 15 is a number on a good day for the smaller nation, the extra 10 AI makes the battle equal. This ensures that players have fun in a nice battle instead of playing the cat and mouse game.

I find that you can often plow by the reinforcements and still gank the player if they are running. The ai is not great at keeping up with players in a sprint.

If the players stay and fight with the reinforcements, it gets more challenging.

• Like 1

The reinforcements REALLY need to be nerfed. I have lost count of the number of attempted battles where the enemy simply summons AI out of thin air and runs away, meaning what should be PvP battles turning into PvE.

Just tonight I had three battles in a row that ended up being against AI as it simply wasn't worth the trouble to chase after the lone player(s) among the shit-swarm of AI that teleported in out of nowhere.

The reinforcement system needs to be removed/nerfed by A LOT, because right now it makes PvP pointless if the enemy has any town nearby (like currently with Denmark owning Baai and Oranjestad, covering a lot of Swedish home water with their reinforcement zones).

Similarily a town where Port Battle takes place shouldn't be able to offer reinforcements AT ALL. Its reinforcement circle should be completely disabled for the duration of the PB.

I actually don't even know why I'd play on a PvP server if all I get to fight is AI.

Edited by Inkompetent

The only thing I don't like is how reinforcements can be used to result in a battle where an underpowered defender ends up with more BR than the attacker has.

It leads to a lot of metagaming, like trying to figure out "when all enemies are in" before pushing the button and making sure your allies "wait to join", until after you've pushed the button, for maximum BR, and "wait for him to call reinforcement" when joining an ally in a fight.... meh.

I'm not 100% convinced reinforcements are necessary. With a speedy ship and maybe a little defensive tackling, getting outright ganked is not that common.

But maybe it should just be that reinforcements are not available until the battle has closed.

People don't read the dev's plans do they when they talk about their coastal plans for battles? 

I know that they eventually will disappear, some time during spring (probably end of Q2). What I'm meaning is that removing or at least nerfing this HORRIBLE reinforcement system can't wait, because it destroys PvP. It punishes people for being smart and attacking with numerical advantage, and it rewards people for being caught off-guard.