Game-Labs Forum

Even Nationpopulation

Is it possible, that you can see the population on the server?

I think it would be very helpful for players, who are undecided, which nation they should join and it helps to balance the factions. For example, you can give a xp or gold bonus for factions with less population. 

Just an Idea.. :)

• Like 2

This is much needed. Hordes join the British because Hornblower/Aubrey and hordes join the Pirates because of 60 years of Hollywood marketing.

If, at the time of nation selection, people could see that they're just being a part of the crowd, the game would see greater balance.

There also needs to be a one time ability to switch nations without losing XP. Right now the only option to do that is to go Pirate, and so the Pirates who need no help with recruitment are getting even more players by default. But this is a separate issue.

• Like 2

This is much needed. Hordes join the British because Hornblower/Aubrey and hordes join the Pirates because of 60 years of Hollywood marketing.

If, at the time of nation selection, people could see that they're just being a part of the crowd, the game would see greater balance.

There also needs to be a one time ability to switch nations without losing XP. Right now the only option to do that is to go Pirate, and so the Pirates who need no help with recruitment are getting even more players by default. But this is a separate issue.

Hollywood marketing hahaha brilliant. 

Hollywood marketing hahaha brilliant. 

I don't think it is that far from the truth.  Otherwise pirates wouldn't be #2 and possibly #1 in pop.  Pirates did not get a lot of people until the devs reopened purchasing up, after the game had been filled with history buffs and Aubrey/Hornblower fans for over a year.

• Like 1

I've seen several games offer incentives to join under popped factions in order to balance things out a little, and I'd be okay with that.  Though they do need to be careful not to have too much of an incentive or too little.  It's a balancing act.   Hey, even if it's just a "join this faction and for a period of time you get a +50% increase to xp gain."

I do agree that something does need to happen to somehow balance pop, especially on the pvp servers.  I play Dutch and I feel I see more British ships than Dutch in the middle of Dutch waters, so to speak, than other Dutch ships at any time except peak hours...and even then it's a bit iffy.

• Like 1

I agree with you. Hundreds of Jack Sparrows and Cpt flints running around like they own the place. Bet they've never traveled to Charleston. 

Oh reheeheeeheeeheeeely?

I visit Charleston regularly. Much trade plunder there!

2016_02_26_00006.jpg

I actually think showing faction numbers would be counter productive. People generally join larger factions. Not knowing makes you pick based on what you like rather than who you think will give you an easier time.