Game-Labs Forum

Tagging people into battles with no will to fight

Porpoise

My buddy and I were constantly tagged into battle by 2 US privateers yesterday. As we had square sail vessels (Snow) we had no chance to pursue them against the wind. After the start of the battle they always turned against the wind, ran out of range and started spamming the battle chat. When we left the battle, they simply waited for us and tagged us again. This resulted in 2 hours loss of gane time. I am new to the game and I do not know if there is any chance to prevent or fight this kind of behaviour. Is the only chance to get a privateer ourselves and hope they will finaly engage?

My buddy and I were constantly tagged into battle by 2 US privateers yesterday. As we had square sail vessels (Snow) we had no chance to pursue them against the wind. After the start of the battle they always turned against the wind, ran out of range and started spamming the battle chat. When we left the battle, they simply waited for us and tagged us again. This resulted in 2 hours loss of gane time. I am new to the game and I do not know if there is any chance to prevent or fight this kind of behaviour. Is the only chance to get a privateer ourselves and hope they will finaly engage?

Privateer is one of the best small ships for solo pvp because it allows you to escape anyone except for another privateer/lynx or maybe smart cutters.

But

Privateer cannot catch you downwind even if you are at 90% of sails. 2 privateers can stop a solo snow - but it takes skill and lots of time. 

If you are attacked and exit the battle you have at least 100 seconds invul timer.

To sink them you have to do the following 

• Attack them from the wind side on the OW when being right on top of them - this position you very close to them and will force them to either run downwind (you can catch them) or sail upwind through your position (allowing slowing them down with chain). 
  • Get a privateer into your fleet - they won't escape at all then - but you still have to attack on OW properly.

If you don't want to fight them just sail away at your best angle in the OW - they will never catch up

Its impossible for a privateer to dictate terms for a snow on the OW. just sail away at 135 to 180 angle (they lose 40-50% speed).

Abusing the chat is different though. If they were saying bad things that are against the chat rules - report those things.

The problem is not that I cant escape them. The problem is wherever I go, these guys are following me and jump into my instance only to bother me. They do not even shoot. Of course I can run from them downwind, but when I catch a merchant they go into the instance and run for 1 hour and I do not get the loot from the merchant even when I cap him.

I will try to manage the OW position better. It is probably the only solution.

Edited by Porpoise

You should do something about that. Joining PVE battles is nice, but completely useless. People shouldn't be allowed to join merchants in battles, maybe only their own nation. They weren't trying to sink or damage us. They were only harrasing us everywhere we went. And I'm sorry, but I won't leave my outpost with plenty of merchants around, just because some fat american kids wants me to do so. Sure, I can get privateer and go hunt them, but they will still run away and wait till I engage some other merchant. And even if we manage to chase and sink them, they will be back in 3 minutes or so. If you wanna do it right, fix this pls. I'm not against fair fight, but this has nothing to do with fighting at all. It's just simple trolling.

I can indeed see this being abused hard. If you catch a solo smuggler, and someone else jumps in in a ship you can't catch, he can sail away from you for 90 minutes and deny you the capture of the trader.

This shouldn't be possible.

That is exactly what were these guys doing. And they confessed it in chat too.

Sigh.

First of all, I really wish you would stop editing your posts, as it's hard to follow what I'm actually addressing.

I'll address the above complaints one by one.

"My buddy and I were constantly tagged into battle by 2 US privateers yesterday."

You were never tagged into a fight, let alone multiple times. We joined your attack on a French NPC trader.

"When we left the battle, they simply waited for us and tagged us again."

There was no second battle.

"but when I catch a merchant they go into the instance and run for 1 hour and I do not get the loot from the merchant even when I cap him."

As I clearly said in chat, we took the trader from you. While you chased my mate, I circled back, pulled up next to the trader and recaptured it. Defend your prize or quit complaining.

The only reason you were denied the trader is because I captured it, it has nothing to do with the timer. You could have left at any time you pleased. Likewise, you could have come back to defend it. The decision to stay in the battle as long as you did was entirely your own.

"And started spamming the battle chat."

As it seemed poor form to report you for language at the time (after all, we were pirating your prize), I take offense to you claiming this now. I still have the chat log if you'd like me to put your profanity on display to the tribunal. I'd recommend you decline my offer.

In conclusion, defend your catch or accept that two privateers can show the pirates how piracy is done.

Sigh.

First of all, I really wish you would stop editing your posts, as it's hard to follow what I'm actually addressing.

I'll address the above complaints one by one.

"My buddy and I were constantly tagged into battle by 2 US privateers yesterday."

You were never tagged into a fight, let alone multiple times. We joined your attack on a French NPC trader.

"When we left the battle, they simply waited for us and tagged us again."

There was no second battle.

"but when I catch a merchant they go into the instance and run for 1 hour and I do not get the loot from the merchant even when I cap him."

As I clearly said in chat, we took the trader from you. While you chased my mate, I circled back, pulled up next to the trader and recaptured it. Defend your prize or quit complaining.

The only reason you were denied the trader is because I captured it, it has nothing to do with the timer. You could have left at any time you pleased. Likewise, you could have come back to defend it. The decision to stay in the battle as long as you did was entirely your own.

"And started spamming the battle chat."

As it seemed poor form to report you for language at the time (after all, we were pirating your prize), I take offense to you claiming this now. I still have the chat log if you'd like me to put your profanity on display to the tribunal. I'd recommend you decline my offer.

In conclusion, defend your catch or accept that two privateers can show the pirates how piracy is done.

1.) Maybe you should ask your friend. I fought with him 4 times and heard a lot of mocking against me.

2.) When someone captures ship, noone can recapture it + when you joined french trader, you were not americans, but french too (as you tried to tell me).

3.) If you cature a ship and leave battle before everyone from enemy team is dead, you won't get the prize.

4.) Your friend told me in second battle that he's going to harras me so long, until I go off. So shut the hell up about regular playing.

5.) When you were sitting in front of our outpost, you weren't waiting for us??? Strange. Sunbathing maybe??

1.) Maybe you should ask your friend. I fought with him 4 times and heard a lot of mocking against me.

2.) When someone captures ship, noone can recapture it + when you joined french trader, you were not americans, but french too (as you tried to tell me).

3.) If you cature a ship and leave battle before everyone from enemy team is dead, you won't get the prize.

4.) Your friend told me in second battle that he's going to harras me so long, until I go off. So shut the hell up about regular playing.

5.) When you were sitting in front of our outpost, you weren't waiting for us??? Strange. Sunbathing maybe??

2. A ship can be recaptured or sunk by enemies at any time. Defend your prize.

3. Correct and highly likely.

There's no real proof of wrongdoing here.  Chat violations are to be reported by right-clicking the offender's name on an offensive statement and clicking "Report".  Anything short of screen shots of the actual chat will not work in Tribunal.

I see no evidence of actual wrongdoing, case dismissed.