38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like larger groups?

• Yes please.
    • No thank you.
  2. 2. Would you like HUD group details?

• Yes please.
    • No thank you.

HUD - voted NO.

This is not modern warfare or EVE online. Captains back then didn't run things from the CIC...

If you want  that info look at the ship or look at the map.(that allready got too much info)

A valid argument. I always knew some people would be against the HUD, but personally I feel that as this is a competitive MMO this sort of information is valuable when fighting as a group.

HUD - voted NO.

This is not modern warfare or EVE online. Captains back then didn't run things from the CIC...

If you want  that info look at the ship or look at the map.(that allready got too much info)

A valid argument. I always knew some people would be against the HUD, but personally I feel that as this is a competitive MMO this sort of information is valuable when fighting as a group.

you can use map function to check everyone condition around you already. the HUD just makes thing easier.

Edited by Nash

If I play with a group and Iam in trouble I tell the others with our TS or I can use the chat.

Did Nelson have up-to-date information on his other ships? No.

If you want to know the status on other ships, use the spyclass and look at it. That is how it should be done.

TS at least require you to communicate.

If I play with a group and Iam in trouble I tell the others with our TS or I can use the chat.

Did Nelson have up-to-date information on his other ships? No.

If you want to know the status on other ships, use the spyclass and look at it. That is how it should be done.

TS at least require you to communicate.

Actually, it was fairly common for ships to have spotters looking at their fleet to report damage. While it would be nowhere near as advance as health bars (of course), it was a tool that was available to keep an eye on allied ships relatively easily. Ships also communicated via signals during battle, an old school teamspeak so to speak.

Ultimately, you can already check allied ship damage via the map, or by looking at them. This just streamlines it for the sake of playing a competitive game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For open world chase and skirmishes I think 6 is a nice count.

What can be implemented indeed is the Fleet Group ( 25 ) tied to a Flag Carrier.

The UI as I see it needs no change regarding the chase groups. It is simple enough to help a random group and having the info on ships veers towards "too much mmo" aspect.

The less clutter the better IMO.

NO/NO

HUD - voted NO.

what about if it was less exact.  ie

Undamaged/slight damage/moderate damage/ near death/sinking      captains have eyes so they can see if a ships is messed up.

and just a warning of minor ar heavy sail damage at  85% / 70 %? beacause again eyes?

For open world chase and skirmishes I think 6 is a nice count.

What can be implemented indeed is the Fleet Group ( 25 ) tied to a Flag Carrier.

The UI as I see it needs no change regarding the chase groups. It is simple enough to help a random group and having the info on ships veers towards "too much mmo" aspect.

The less clutter the better IMO.

NO/NO

what about 10 for less than 4000 BR?  or something along those lines?  allows 10 frigates to work but  not 10 3rds?

Up to 25, sorry :) number being the limit.

Fleet Group, tied to a Flag.

Other than that  groups of 6 are okay IMO. We can all have 4 groups of 6 on TS plus one overall commander and that sums up 25 :) and this is good for open sea galore already.