Game-Labs Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It think its position currently is legacy from when all engines had the same cruise speed sweet spot, so yeah, it needs updating.
  3. Today
  4. Ok, so apparently entire Kriegsmarine somehaw has manages to stay in different ocean with Marine Nationale. Oh well. Unfortunately I cant remember. I remember I was especially looking forward to check out that specific message but, I can't remember if it didn't appear or if I just accidentally clicked that off. I'll update what happens when another war starts or when the Germans finally wander to French waters.
  5. This should not happen. I multiplied by X10 the relations penalties. tension_vs_enemyofally,50,Extra tension caused for enemies of ally,,,,,,, It is 5 in stock game. This should happen when a Germany fleet is in the same sea region with a fleet from your enemy. Was that the case? Another question. When you start a new war, you get an event message with the diplomatic relations changes for both nations in relation to all other nations in game. You did get that message?
  6. Ignore this if it has nothing to do with the mod, but I am currently playing Italy and in I have been in war with France for a year or so. For some reason the war has no effect on anyones ralations with anybody, including Germany that is supposet to be my ally. I recall earlier that one war very eaisly escalated to global world war, yet now nowbody seems to care.
  7. See bolded portion: This is not right. If 0.6 reduction, then 20in pen should become 8in pen after main belt. The main belt can be 1 inch, it will still be 8 inch pen after main belt. The main belt could be 19inch, the post main belt pen would still be 8 inch. Am I getting this right?
  8. So in other words the main belt should be minimized, while inner belt maximized.
  9. I think the best way to fix formation problem is to have ability to temporarily override it. If I click a place, all ship move to the location as quick as they can, as opposed to maintain the formation. It predicts where each ship would go at destination in a line. Then it reform the formation at destination.
  10. Simple quality of life improvement idea: On the ships speed slider in combat there is a marker on the three quarters or so of the nominal max speed. I think it would be more usefull if this marker was instead on the ships maximum cruise speed, to make it easier to figure out what speed gives the highest cruise speed bonus.
  11. Wrong thread. Also @Nick Thomadis you might wanna close this one
  12. This is nearly right. However it should be 1st layer = '''' *1.66, 2nd layer = '''' * 3.33, 3rd layer = '''' * 8
  13. Frist of all, the describe about citadel armor in game is totally misguide. For example, if you have 10 inch main belt, 5inch 1st layer, 4inch 2nd layer and 3.2 inch 3rd layer, the coming shell has 20inch penetration power. 20inch > 10 inch, so your main belt is penetrated, 12inch(20*0/6) > 5inch,so your 1st layer is penetrated, 6inch(20*0.3) > 4inch, so your 2nd layer is penetrated. Finally, 2.5inch(20*0.125) < 3.2inch, so your 3rd layer won't be penetrated by this shell, so your suffer a partial hit. You can see the sets about citadel armor layer in params.txt file from resources.assets in Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts_Data folder. penetration_1st_layer_reduction,0.6,Base Reduction of penetration power after penetrating main belt/deck,,,,,,, penetration_2nd_layer_reduction,0.3,Base Reduction of penetration power after penetrating main belt/deck & 1st layer,,,,,,, penetration_3rd_layer_reduction,0.125,Base Reduction of penetration power after penetrating main belt/deck & 1st layer & 2nd layer,,,,,,, And it's clear that 1st layer is no use at all, so if you can't build 2nd layer, then you should not build 1st layer too, in this situation thicker main belt will be better.
  14. They do not rearm either. Lastly, they also have infinite money. They will happily buy my most expensive BB despite having GDP of 500k. 20 year in, most minor will have a bigger fleet than major power, since they dont concern for maintnence. Well, ships are certainly not maintained either, no refuel, no rearm.
  15. What is the formula then? Armor: 6in belt, 2in inner belt Formula 1: 6+2 = 8in. Requiring 6 inch pen to damage, 8in to crit. Formula 2: 6 + 2*2 = 10in. Requiring 6 in to damage, 10in to crit. Formula 3: 7in pen. 7 > 6, therefore outter belt pen. 7/2 = 3.5in pen. 3.5 > 2in inner belt, therefore penetrates. From your wording formula 3 seems to be the right one. Armor: 4in belt, 2in inner belt Formula 3: 4in pen, just enough for 4in outer belt. 4/2 = 2in pen. 2in pen just enough for 2in inner belt. ^ As far as inner belt goes it is entirely useless. It could be 0. As long as main belt is penetrated, 2in inner belt do not make a difference. Why not make inner belt thicker? Inner belt is capped to 1/2 of main belt. Whenever inner belt is 50%+ of penetration, it would always require main belt of 100%+ of penetration. The main belt will always stop the shell first. Therefore inner belt is useless.
  16. Yesterday
  17. A few observations: When the lead ship of a division has too much damage, it is crazy for it to turn towards the enemy. Can this be adjusted so it turns away. Changing targets - it is astonishing how often you have acquired a target and the main battery is in the process of hitting it. Suddenly a destroyer comes out and then becomes the target of the main guns, even if 12 km away. The good firing resolution on the main target is lost. Where it comes to screening, can there be 2 options? A tight screen which is defensive and stays reasonably close to the main ships and a loose screen which enables them to have a lot more freedom and clash with the enemy line or screens. Overall, love the game, though.
  18. Another bug...at least I hope a bug... Minor nations ships dont seem to refuel. Might not rearm either, but definitely dont refuel. There are some Danish ships that have been running on fumes for over a year and continue to go out into battle bear Jutland.
  19. I didn't know that, thanks! Although I'm not sure I should have a bigger fleet. When those refits and builds were through, I was at 32 capital ships. That seems like a decently sized Navy.
  20. Army logistics seems to be calculated at least in part by the size of your *navy* compared to your army force not the transport capacity
  21. that would be an accurate RL reflection of fleet refitting, but in game, when it takes up to three months to refuel (something that takes mere hours to perform in RL, even while underway at sea) I'm guessing barrel replacement would mean refit time exceeding six months... Not that barrel replacement would affect accuracy any. With the latest nerfage, I'm having to resort to Nelsonian tactics and combat ranges. State of the art 1960's tech and I'd have more offensive capability throwing potatoes...
  22. This seems slightly off. Also, what's up with my army logistics? I've had the transport slider at max for the entire campaign, and I've stomped in every conflict. Also, something that should be a really easy fix: make it so that suppressing a rebellion actually reduces unrest. When I militarily suppress an uprising, it should help with public order. Currently, there is no way to actively reduce it, you just have to hope and pray for events that give you options. That kind of sucks because when your army takes a bunch of territory, your unrest completely skyrockets without any way of reliably getting it back down again.
  23. @Nick Thomadis Any chance you could raise these issues? 1+2 have been around a while and are REALLY annoying and shouldn't be major to resolve.
  24. 1) no 2) no 3) yeah, I think so. Some ships, especially the more maneuverable ones, still wobble about a bit after a course change, but that feels realistic. Nowhere near as bad as it once was.
  25. I still notice that BB tend to focus too much on smallest ships first with their main guns while secondary guns focus on bigger ships. Like the priority goes like TB/DD -> CL -> CA -> BC/BB Once enemy BB get very close, only then they tend to focus their main guns on them. It's just stupid to see a BB focusing on a lone TB/DD at very long range while a bigger target is closer and way more dangerous for the ship.
  26. So have the following issues being fixed yet? 1> Build direct to refit spec not possible 2> Build becoming "overweight" so can't be built anymore 3> Drunk following ships in formation Really hope they go through the ship designer at some point and make the stats there make sense but given up hope of that after waiting so long
  27. Just to add to the necro-ing of this thread... Yes, the explanation given in-game for armor penetration / reduction of shell penetration power is wanting/confusing unless im overthinking again and thus failing to grasp properly. The in-game description for, say, the first inner belt says "The shell has lost minimum 50% of its penetrating power when it reaches this layer...". So, lets say we have 30* Main Belt and a shell with 50* penetrating power softly touching said Main Belt because reasons... Does that mean 50% of Original Penetrating power of 50 pen so it has 25 pen left when it reaches the first inner belt after going through the 30 main belt? Or does it mean it has has 50 Original pen MINUS what it punched through Main Belt (30) and 50% of THAT remaining pen? 50-30 = 20 ; 20/2 = 10? That was what was described some posts above which was mildly confusing Or is it indeed just a multiplicator of armor thickness as described somewhere else so that: 1st inner belt/deck thickness = (thickness in units)*2 ("..shell has lost 50% penetrating power...") 2nd inner belt/deck thickness = "" *3 ("...shell has lost 75% penetrating power...") 3rd inner belt/deck thickness = "" *9 ("...shell has lost 90% penetrating power...") * insert favourite units; cm/inch/mm/football fields etc
  1. Load more activity