Game-Labs Forum

Lack of warning when entering battle - Bug in the game

Archie_75

I have just been made a Pirate when entering a battle by clicking on the Dutch Player "Bubbles" outside Jeramie. This is a nuetral port and I am an English player SLRN

I definitely targeted the Dutch player but he was sat ontop of an SLRN player at the Port spawn point. It appears that I must have targeted my fellow player rather than the Dutch player.

We were dragged into a four way battle but all players were flying a Royal Naval ensign! which was bizzar!

I was given no warning about targeting my own side!!

I left the battle immeadiately and now find I was made a Pirate and have lost all my ships, XP, Gold and Ship building parts.

You have no idea how deppressing that is and I think if it is going to be a part 0f the game then its is going to cause a great deal of anguish!

Ideally I would like to be reinstated. However not wishing to be a Pirate I have dumped the character "Hornblower"( and have recreated him as British) and relaunched "Hornblower" again. But I may well be playing this at a much lower level as the loss is very great. (Time involved)

Regards

Archie_75 AKA "Hornblower"

Bubbles is secret weapon!

But in all seriousness, I do find it odd that it did not warn you that you were attacking someone of your own nation.  I strongly believe that you probably mis-clicked rather than it being a bug per say.

However, it is known that the first battle that you turn pirate in, you will not fly the pirate flag.  The next battle however, you will have the good ol' Jolly Rodger.

Perfect chance to experience the pirate life for some time before the next wipe. 

Regarding attacking friendlies there is always a warning. It is a one way ticket currently, because if you provide the way out for pirates that will be exploited. People will target your rare ship for example (or your trader with goods) and later claim it was a misclick or a mistake.

I do feel agrieved about this as there definitely was no warning!!!

No good saying there always is one to me.

I have given up all hope of crafting at this point as what I had acumulated has gone up in smoke. Why would I want to do that?

I will help the SLRN if only to make Bubbles life a misery untill  the next wipe :)

There is ALWAYS a warning when attacking your own nation!

Well, there always should be, that doesn't mean there always in fact is. The guy's alleging a bug and it sounds like the other players present are vouching for him.

It's possible that there was some kind of bug with the mechanism that pulls everyone into combat within the circle. 

For what it's worth while I understand the reasoning behind the "no takebacks" principle, there probably should be SOME way to redeem your character, otherwise a lot of people are going to misclick and then quit the game rather than restart. 

Edited by Hieronymous Alloy
  • Like 1

Well, there always should be, that doesn't mean there always in fact is. The guy's alleging a bug and it sounds like the other players present are vouching for him.

It's possible that there was some kind of bug with the mechanism that pulls everyone into combat within the circle.

As mentioned earlier, I made a bugreport when it occured. So the devs should be able to investigate it and maybe discover a bug in the warning system.

Impact on the player involved is huge tho, so I hope that with the introduction of a new UI some extra thought will be put in the warning system, preventing misclicks.

As mentioned by Caldwell, in this case a bug/player mistake was the reason, not criminal intent.

Therefore I would support an reinstatement of Hornblower, so we can all have a laugh about this situation and noone is having a loss.

Grtzzz Bubbles

• Like 2