Game-Labs Forum

Add boats to ships as something that can be purchased "special"

I love the look of the surprise with boats on it. 

Would love if at some point I could buy the boats as decoration for my ships. After all in battle I believe they were cleared or towed behind. But any other impromptu action or just sailing would have them as here in this model. I think they add colour and flair.

I guess in some cases the side boats would impede firing of the upper decks though.

631-hms-surprise-wooden-ship-model-2.jpg

631-hms-surprise-wooden-ship-model-3.jpg

631-hms-surprise-wooden-ship-model-14.jp

631-hms-surprise-wooden-ship-model-6.jpg

http://www.tallshipmodels.com/tall-model-ships/hms-surprise-wooden-ship-model-lord-nelson.html

hmsleopard72.jpg

leo24.jpg

hms-leopard-ship-model3.jpg

san-felipe-model-ship9.jpg

Right before battles everything not related to combat was dumped overboard, that included boats. 

Yes... As far as I'm aware the practice was to launch the boats, and then tow them some distance behind the ship during battle.  Occasionally if the ship had larger boats, or lots of them; they would not be towed, but a small party would be detached from the crew to keep the boats safe until the ship came back.

I agree with Dest that this would be really cool to see in the game at some point, if only as a legitimate concern for Captains.  You need the boats to go back and forth to port, load supplies, land troops etc... but they are a big nuisance when not in use and stored on the deck of a ship.

But I also agree with the Admin that this is a minor thing, and given the current progress on the game, it would be a distraction I think.  That said... I definitely think it would be worth revisiting in the future, when the game is further along.

I would love to see slight configurations for ships: cleared for action vs. set up for travel.

When sailing around the open world, we could have boats on the deck. In battle, we would see hammocks in the nettings and plywood in the stern galley windows.

• Like 1

Fair enough. Was just a thought for something to add some colour outside of battle. 

I find it interesting that ejected boats were come back for later. I also wonder if that is the case how some ships ended up being pulled by their boats in battle.

But yeah as a general rule I guess it should be a long way off. Because we cannot clear them for action.