Game-Labs Forum

Please Dredge Kingston/Port Royal Channel

Something that has bothered me for quite some time, although stupidly I have never really pointed it out is the exit from KPR, The way you exit the port in larger ships often means unless you change your course you end up completely stuck in shallows, curiously the water looks deep blue as if you could sail over it with ease. It would be really beneficial if the depth was redrawn slightly, alternatively the line you exit the town on needs to be positioned a little bit to the west of where you exit currently. It makes no sense gameplay wise that you need to adjust your bearing almost instantly after setting sail where the exit is clearly ahead of you. To make matters even more bizarre the shallows appear in what appears to be the almost centre of the channel as you leave town. I guess thats why the area in real life is called hunts bay (insert rude joke here).

Here are some pictures to show the current predicament, I have just sailed straight forwards from where I exited the port in my Indiaman, not even the largest of ships going.

x25FlCP.png

VT2rfzO.png

GjYp1tJ.png

Please dredge or adjust the exit angle, thank you for reading. :)

• Like 3