Game-Labs Forum

I’d have to say the speed and boarding books give players an advantage over those that do not.  Obviously.  

As you said, I’m not convinced how much the gunnery books help unless it’s pure reload.  Even then very seldom am I in a position during a fight where I solely have to focus on DPS.  So who knows.

Id be more curious if you tracked the perm mods and what that outcome would look like.  Those I feel matter substantially more.

9 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Id be more curious if you tracked the perm mods and what that outcome would look like.  Those I feel matter substantially more.

Carta is no1  then bovenwind, british gunners, french rig, northern carpenters and spanish rig refit and if its a throw away hunting ship we have basic carpenters. But i can only speak about the ships i could catch. Not about the ones that escape because of fancy 15.5 speed.

Edited by z4ys

On 7/9/2018 at 4:02 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

I been trying to get a second set of "Lord of Rings" books for my shallow water alt....freaking wind book is avoiding me like well....the wind.  Would love to get him the gunnery set too, but I think getting rare books through DLC is a bad move.  Though I would be all for maybe having special missions that you can do in game to get books from and such.

i got book of five rings in 72 hours from nothing no alts used at all. it can be done fast if you know how

4 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

i got book of five rings in 72 hours from nothing no alts used at all. it can be done fast if you know how

alts have nothing to do with grinding.  It’s all about RNG and the RNG gods hate me but if you know a better method cause I tend to get nothing but basic mods in OW AI PVE. 

That char is only a Commodore so about to grind out a first rate on it, maybe I’ll get some better luck 

12 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

it can be done fast if you know how

Would you care to elaborate on that?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

Ok i was aware books are rare so i offered 5 mil per book and in end book of five rings cost me 26mil

@rediiispent 500PVP marks for Art of Shiphandling. so what?

• Like 1

There is, practically no chance for a casual player to even see those rare books, so why not to allow them to buy and enjoy? This game should be open and friendly for players with real life duties, families etc. What happens when a casual player with 100 hours in game and a full set of books on board of his shiny ship, meets in open world a veteran/fanatic with thousand hours of experience? Poor guy will be sunk, with books or without.

Edited by Longshot