Game-Labs Forum

Happy treason day to my fellow ungrateful colonials

Ruthless4u

Im sorry, but any army that marches through the woods in Bright Red and white uniforms is asking to be shot. Its nice to know you fellas are into bright colors though. If i ever need a dress for my wife, I know who to come to.  

The Red coat was considered to be eminently practical, it was thought that the Red coat would hide most of the blood thus keeping up morale, also it acted in a similar way to a guidon it was easy to see in the smoke and poor visibility of battle.  Blue was not exactly inconspicuous either, it was a lot easier to see than the Butternut and Grey used by the Confederate States Army during the American Civil War in the smoke of battle.

It was not until the Boer war(s) (in the not so distant future from when this game is set) that Khaki, which made the Boers harder to see, replaced the Red coat. 

Equally, we should not forget, that were it not for the French advisors, and the Comte de Grasse who successfully stopped the reinforcement of General Cornwallis at Chesapeake Bay, bringing about the siege of Yorktown, the Continental Army may well have lost their war. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...