Game-Labs Forum

Sinking player ship, loot vanish

GreasyMnky

3 hours ago, GreasyMnky said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/StrangeHandsomeDaikonTBTacoRight

After boarding a ship, the loot on ship will vanish and some upgrades will appear.

Working as intended? What happened to the rig repairs and half his hull repairs?

I have noticed that the repair drops have been nerfed on sunk player ships

3 hours ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

I have noticed that the repair drops have been nerfed on sunk player ships

They have not been touched of course. You should get everything that is in hold.  It is something else. 

Issue is being investigated

• Like 5

7 hours ago, GreasyMnky said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/StrangeHandsomeDaikonTBTacoRight

After boarding a ship, the loot on ship will vanish and some upgrades will appear.

Working as intended? What happened to the rig repairs and half his hull repairs?

Checked. Its a feature - not a bug

It has been in the game since Summer 2017

• If you captured a ship you get full loot, everything in the hold is yours.
  • If ship is sinking , parts of the hold are getting filled with water and are inaccessible, thus you cannot get everything and only get part of the loot.

This mechanic does not affect ability to remove 1 upgrade from the ship that is always available.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, admin said:

Checked. Its a feature - not a bug

It has been in the game since Summer 2017

• If you captured a ship you get full loot, everything in the hold is yours.
  • If ship is sinking , parts of the hold are getting filled with water and are inaccessible, thus you cannot get everything and only get part of the loot.

This mechanic does not affect ability to remove 1 upgrade from the ship that is always available.

Working as intended, thank you for checking  @admin

21 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

I don't really like that feature, especially that boarding became in many scenarios impossible with the determined defender. So often I find empty shipwrecks of enemy ships... 

Then all that means is that a player has to work to board a ship, not just turn it into the wind and rage board. Explain how that is a bad thing?

Has the rate at which repairs have been destroyed increased recently? It seems a lot more noticeable the last few weeks than before. 

Could it be related to the ships now taking longer to go under, and that we are just noticing it on ships that ordinarily we just wouldn't have been able to loot before?

Either way I feel the rate could be tuned slightly, being able to loot repairs at sea helps prevent you having to return to port as often, therefor increasing potential PvP opportunities by keeping more ships out on the water for longer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Banished Privateer said:

Limits gameplay choices a lot. 30% is way too much. It now takes 3-4 ships to board 1 smoothly.

Again, why is that a bad thing? You must admit turning a ship into the wind and boarding right at the start of the battle and then having 2 or 3 other ships graping is terrible for gameplay and the game in general. Boarding should be an opportunistic thing, not the cheap easy way to victory that it has become. And if you want to rely on boarding to win your battles, then you should still have to work for it.

7 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Again, why is that a bad thing? You must admit turning a ship into the wind and boarding right at the start of the battle and then having 2 or 3 other ships graping is terrible for gameplay and the game in general. Boarding should be an opportunistic thing, not the cheap easy way to victory that it has become. And if you want to rely on boarding to win your battles, then you should still have to work for it.

I tend to agree. DD is annoying but rage boarding is even more annoying.  2 proper shots by grape into stern remove DD if you are in the equal ships.
Remember that HMS Victory commandeered by Nelson could not board French Third Rate Redoutable for 4 hours and failed at all attempts, while being stationary. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

I don't really like that feature, especially that boarding became in many scenarios impossible with the determined defender. So often I find empty shipwrecks of enemy ships... 

We tweaked the numbers, reducing the cargo loss due to water when ships are sinking. You will get more hold from sinking ships in the next patch.

work around
if you boarded the ship - pick repairs first (to not lose some of them when it starts sinking) then sink him (you can pick up a pvp upgrade after - it will drop after you sank the ship)
if you sank the ship some cargo will be lost

• Like 6