Game-Labs Forum

super slow ship

Chug

Took part in a pvp fight today. was sailing a fir/fir privateer so nothing special but  as soon as the battle started and we could put sails up and move, my ship would not do more than 3-4knots and turning was like i was in a slow 4th rate or even 3rd.

Nothing in the hold apart from a few hull/rig/rum. sails fine. brace not on, sailing full crewed. Just stuck sailing at a snails pace.  ended up dying to a double broadside from a wapen and a wasa which was kinda fun to watch lol and am not after the ship back just wanted to report it. Have also sent an F11.

Just curious what causes this as have had people i know have similar experiences on the rare occasion. Was just a weird thing to experience.

nope. had ship on sale. shout went up in clan "enemies...." cancelled sale, put hull/rig/rum on (8/8/30) and sailed out to pvp, at sea in open world all fine. pulled into fight and then just... super slow mode. Like i said was weird.

as a side note. The privateer should have area control ( I believe) but I didn't have the "control" indicator you have at top/middle of screen as usual when you sail a ship with it. not sure if related and yes enemies/friendlies were well in range.

Edited by Chug

On 2/28/2018 at 9:59 AM, rediii said:

Did something happen before you sailed that slow?

You looted too much before battle started and went overweight into battle?

You rammed someone inside battle and couldnt go fast again?

This remembers me the time I caught some one with a deadmans chest with my alt in a privateer.....8 knts open world on the way back to Kidds was a very slow pace as that chest maxed me out and since he was only like rank 2 I hadn't put fleet perk on him so I couldn't just keep the captured Trader Brig that had it on and bring it back...lol

The other thing was any mast damage done to the ship?  Pretty much if you loose part of it in some of them small ones it puts you dead in the water.