Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action Legends Matchmaking

the MM at the moment is ridiculous, Sometimes you have 14 people in the Q and you get matched with 3 others and 6 bots. 

Also the Time that the MM takes to find a match is absurd, there are so many people leaving again cause its taking so long to find one with the 1 minute timer.

Please fix in next update.

I think ships outside a BR range of 200 do not get matched with each other (Except when in a group), that's why I am kind of bored at the moment - Want to play frigates, but there are not many other frigate players, so it's PvE for the most part.

I think it would be worth testing to get ALL ships in queue together in a battle, and let the BR balancer try to, you know.. balance it. Result might be terrible but worth a try :P 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liq said:

I think ships outside a BR range of 200 do not get matched with each other (Except when in a group), that's why I am kind of bored at the moment - Want to play frigates, but there are not many other frigate players, so it's PvE for the most part.

I think it would be worth testing to get ALL ships in queue together in a battle, and let the BR balancer try to, you know.. balance it. Result might be terrible but worth a try :P 

Worth a try.

8 minutes ago, Liq said:

The only real issue I see is that frigates have too much thickness currently. A six or nine pounder should be better at penetrating at least medium sized frigates.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Paint said:

the MM at the moment is ridiculous, Sometimes you have 14 people in the Q and you get matched with 3 others and 6 bots. 

Also the Time that the MM takes to find a match is absurd, there are so many people leaving again cause its taking so long to find one with the 1 minute timer.

Please fix in next update.

bots will be taken out of the MM altogether is what the devs had said. that should fix the problem your having. 

The problem with the current matchmaking system is that it will always require bots to make up the numbers. At the moment the players who have raced ahead are struggling to find human opponents at their level, and eventually as more people level up through the ships it is the starter players who will struggle to find human opponents as not many players will want to drop down to cutters and brigs to play with them.

There may be a sweet spot in the frigates where you will find enough people to compete against, but the reality is that they need to allow players set up their own battles, so you can go into a lobby and see the battles that people have set up and decide if you want to join or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

bots will be taken out of the MM altogether is what the devs had said. that should fix the problem your having. 

Problem is they cannot just remove bots the way the game currently is, even if the population was much larger due to what I highlighted in the post above.