Game-Labs Forum

Let Agamemnon take Wasa place.

Make Agamemnon 150 PvE Marks, Make Wasa PvP exchange ship?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Make Agamemnon 150 PvE Marks?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Make Wasa PvP exchange ship?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Landsman said:

People who deny that Wasa is OP are not worth responding to really... they're just a bunch of kids that don't care about balance and don't mind everyone only sailing Wasa. Only increasing it's BR or Mark cost won't do much either, other than restrict it more in mixed PB... i would still use only Wasa in OW.

So here is what I would do in order to balance the wasa, but allow it to keep what people view as it's strength.

1. Raise the BR to at least 320 (3rd rate is currently 350)

2. Reduce the wasa's speed by .3 (making it 12.00 and the connie keeps it's speed role)

3. Lower the Wasa's armor hitpoints by 500

4. Either increase the purchase price in the admiralty store from 150 marks to 250, or exchange it for a different ship.

Make the ingermanland the 4th rate note, make it cost 100 combat marks and have the wasa be craftable with a LEVEL 2 SHIPYARD (close to the cost of a 3rd rate in crafting mats.)

What this does is allow the Wasa to keep it's strength in being a very powerful 4th rate, allows some breathing room for the other 4th rates to shine, and the 4th rate we all "don't" use is now a great "throwaway" ship for those who want easy access to a 4th rate ship. The aggie also will have the most hitpoints of all 4th rates again.

I would go in to further then buff the ingermanlad by giving it 2 more thickness, and increasing it's hitpoints by 300.

I could go on about some other possible balance ideas, but this seems to be a quick fix that still allows those who like the powerful wasa to be powerful, but now you have more choices.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

So again, if we don't change anything, what ship shoukd I take instead of the Wasa to beat a wasa?

Whether you're new or not, what would be the ship, what would be your tactic?

If the answer is either to be in a Wasa yourself then there is something inherently wrong with the balance of the ship and it should be addressed.

See that's the problem, you can't remember how is to be new. There is no tactic when you new, you cannot afford other ships hence you don't have them leveled up. A new player only has Wasa as the biggest ship because that's the only one "affordable" and that's the only one that he has leveled up. Make it craftable only and all that is gone, change the rate and he can no longer be in PB, give him a nerfed ship on top of his lack of experience, why even bother with the game?

Back to the topic, this thread poll is about 2 choices:

a) take Wasa and give Agamemnon to the new guys.

b). hide Wasa behind more content and make it harder for the new guys to get.

The devs already said 2 things:

1) they will balance all ships.

2) they will add more ship notes.

You can try but will never achieve perfect balance, it will always be that ship, just make sure that ship whatever it's called, it's meaningful for PB and affordable to the new players as well. 

In all fairness if you concerned about all players and the game in general, that should be your focus as well.

7 hours ago, Teutonic said:

So here is what I would do in order to balance the wasa, but allow it to keep what people view as it's strength.

1. Raise the BR to at least 320 (3rd rate is currently 350)

2. Reduce the wasa's speed by .3 (making it 12.00 and the connie keeps it's speed role)

3. Lower the Wasa's armor hitpoints by 500

4. Either increase the purchase price in the admiralty store from 150 marks to 250, or exchange it for a different ship.

Make the ingermanland the 4th rate note, make it cost 100 combat marks and have the wasa be craftable with a LEVEL 2 SHIPYARD (close to the cost of a 3rd rate in crafting mats.)

What this does is allow the Wasa to keep it's strength in being a very powerful 4th rate, allows some breathing room for the other 4th rates to shine, and the 4th rate we all "don't" use is now a great "throwaway" ship for those who want easy access to a 4th rate ship. The aggie also will have the most hitpoints of all 4th rates again.

I would go in to further then buff the ingermanlad by giving it 2 more thickness, and increasing it's hitpoints by 300.

I could go on about some other possible balance ideas, but this seems to be a quick fix that still allows those who like the powerful wasa to be powerful, but now you have more choices.

This is actually the perfect resolution.

Its not just the speed that makes the Wasa OP. Its the speed +Chasers making it able to control the engagement v any ship 1v1.

Reducing the armor by 500 would put it on par with the agga, and really why would it make sense for the Wasa to have more armor while having a much bigger broadside at the same speed and turn?. 

Also I'd drop the turn rate by .1 degrees putting it directly inbetween 4th and 3rd rates. It's a super upgunned hybrid 4th rate glass cannon type ship with excellent sailing profile and unmatched chasers. It'll still be a valuable ship on OW but not be the end all be all of ships.

And the Inger deserves some love

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

17 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Reduce the wasa's speed by .3 (making it 12.00 and the connie keeps it's speed role)

I love the 6x bowchasers coupled with speed... sadly it's not balanced in the slightest i have to agree.... i wish they could just reduce its armor and maybe take off the 32pd and keep the speed but that probably won't do...

On 10/19/2017 at 10:44 PM, Slim Jimmerson said:

Wasa is a 3rd rate that was down tiered to 4th for whatever reason.

Just on the note of ship classes, the Ingermanland was also a 3rd rate ship, and I don't think anyone has a problem with that at the moment. :P I suspect that when the game spans over ~100 years, you can't go by historical classification without leaving some glaring mismatches.

Interesting.

Naval Action just posted pictures of the real USS Constitution on its Facebook page and said..

"Newly refitted USS Constitution  !
Coming soon to Naval Action too."

Maybe the Wasa will be getting some competition.