Game-Labs Forum

A new proposal to solve nightflips

PIerrick de Badas

Problems :

- PvP1 is in trouble due of some nation not covering all the timers making them easy target in some timers

- Testbed has been launch and new stuff are on test but there is not enough population on it to test all of them

- No one is ready to face the sacrifice of being push away on this or this server to limit the timers that have to be cover

Solution :

- Apply on testbed a window of 12 hours that will make the UE community able to face pb in their prime time. It seems the nightflip are just a problem for some UE community (mostly France/danish/Spanish/some Swedish) why I don't think timer based on US should be necessary or wished by them.

The people who would move there and start from start except the few redeambale we got will be able to make fresh eco, fresh alliances and stop the craziness we face on pvp1. If devs propose soon the new eco that may wipe the ships, it may be the place to test it without wiping the 3 existing servers.

This new start, based on volunteers and not on people forcing to move their will allow a less trash talk/stressful rvr. The no diplomacy made on this server will allow new wars to start and new alliance to form.

It doensn't force anyone to leave but encourage the ones who could left the game due of nightflip stay aboard and keep helping the devs and the community improving the games. This solution could, when the game will be launched, been vanished if enough people are online covering all the timer or stay if the players base is happy with it.

I would say leave that server to crash and burn if they want to keep that way. If they where to think of a merger instead make PvP2 the test server with per-patches before PvP1 gets them.  Let every one transfer all there stuff over to PvP1 and than do a wipe and let us start fresh.  Maybe that will get more folks to maybe come back to play on it too as it won't be the same as PvP1 since it's the beta/patch test server of the two.  As some games call them the Experimental patch servers.   

I appreciate your attempt to come up with solutions and I recognize the difficulties with open port battles without timers but I'm afraid your solution once again reveals the attitude that makes all the non-euro time zones go crazy over this issue. 

1. I do believe that if people are going to quit because of one imperfect mechanic over another than it would help the game more and allow them to still play, if they would try out the test bed server.    (BTW Admin, I'd play on the testbed server more often if I didn't have to download it every time and then download again when I want to switch back. That just simply takes to much effort. I wonder if others feel the same)

2.  The test bed server is to test ideas and I imagine non-euro time zones would like to test those features out as well. Your idea may be well meaning but it is just another idea based on discrimination putting the euro community on a pedestal and treating all the other time zones players as if they are less important.

• Like 1

Geez, for the last few hours the testbed has had 0 to 1 players on it, and now we're gonna shoot down an opportunity to fill it up with semi- and inactive players and get things going there? Guess the 1 guy who's on it really appreciates that while he sails through the barren wasteland, good for him.

As for the download, I can't fathom how anyone not on a 56k dial-up modem finds a few clicks and a ~300mb download to be a hassle.

9 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Geez, for the last few hours the testbed has had 0 to 1 players on it, and now we're gonna shoot down an opportunity to fill it up with semi- and inactive players and get things going there? Guess the 1 guy who's on it really appreciates that while he sails through the barren wasteland, good for him.

As for the download, I can't fathom how anyone not on a 56k dial-up modem finds a few clicks and a ~300mb download to be a hassle.

I hadn't even considered trying the testbed version since I have a wonderfully low Mediacom datacap. :angry:

I expected the testbed version to be MUCH bigger than 350mb but the only way to find out was to go ahead and d/l it.

23 hours ago, Aegir said:

Please do not interpret my reaction to mean that I don't want people to go over there and try it out. I encourage them all, right now, to give it a go and I really do appreciate honest ideas. I am just trying to get to the core of the issue with some of these ideas and why they receive such passionate arguments against them.