Game-Labs Forum

PVP2 French (OMG) & Swedes (BORK) gank or extort

RURickJames

To the West Indies Squadron,

It seems to me that the root of the quarrel in Puerto Rico is based around the utter disorganization the Royal Navy is riddled with internally.  The primary fear of many French captains is that a brazen British Admiral may direct his cohorts into French Republican waters.  The French are just now finishing off the last invader of our land.  While many French captains and crews itch for more combat, the average colonial citizen is weary from occupation by pirate slavers and criminals.  If the general public had peace of mind that another invasion was not imminent, then mayhaps they would call for the liberation of Louisiana from our former American allies.   The primary and most pressing concern is the security of our borders.  The Swedish front is stable and peaceful, but the meddling of the Royal Navy means that our ports are still at risk.  

While your intentions may be peaceful at heart, we can't trust the Royal Navy as a whole, due to the rampant disorder.  A colony you subjugate with a lawful cassus belli, may later be used by a less admirable squadron as a logistical base for piracy and pillaging.  Unless you can rid the Royal Navy of the backstabbing buccaneers in hiding, you cannot be trusted by the Republic of France.  

In light of these raiders, vagabonds and warhawks in your ranks, the prudent choice of action for France is create as much distance as possible from the Royal Navy.  Just as it would be a rash decision to stand near a smoldering powderkeg, it would be a folly to let the Royal Navy sail anywhere close to French waters.  I would much rather watch the inevitable conflagration from a reasonably secure distance, preferably behind a sturdy partition.  This line of thinking is the reason the French Republic is in favor a free Denmark-Norway and Sweden.  

Sincerely,

Captaine de Vaisseau Michel de Toulouse.  

Edited by Michel de Toulouse

I am sorry if you felt i was saying you personaly have said such things or done such actions but i at this point am treating all Brits the same so the words may not be said by you personaly but they were said by a brit about the french. also correct me if i am wrong here you are also treating all french the same. but we do have 1 thing over the brits in that most of the french clans are working together and as yet have no rogue clans out for personal gain. 

like others have touched on before it just takes 1 clan to draw the zerg. your intents may be honorable but if they keep moving East then more brit clans will come and you your self can not promise this wont happen.

you can say all you like to the contray but as history has shown with the pirates it only takes 1 bright spark to tip the balance from a inderpent action into a National migration.

so you may find this unfair that the United French nation will respond to a Few brit clans but this is not the fualt of the French that we are united aganist clear danger it is more the fualt that the brits are not united at all.

one would suggest you take a page out of the frenchs book and unit aganist the US and stop these Distractions on every boarder but the US.

Gentlemen,

It is clear to observe the delicate grasp for which you hold reality.  The protest by the West Indies Squadron is not against French involvement in the War; the French are allies of Sweden and have justly come to their defense.  The protest is to the flagrant lies attributed to Our name here and elsewhere.  When Britain is painted with a broad stroke, nary a murmur emanates from Our Captains; but when we are addressed by name to things for which we did not do, you may very well expect a harsh rebuke.  France may proclaim any declaration that tickles her fancy, but do not appall when Britain ignores such things as trifling arrogance from an inept consortium of pardoned pyrats.  The only Ports in the region for which the West Indies Squadron has taken are Frederickstad (reclaimed from the Pyrats, soon to be given to the Danes) and Spanish Towne (reclaimed from the Swedes who took it from the Danes, who acquired it from Britain).  It is unfortunate that Britain is often divided on political notions, as is any nation with more than ten people, but that won't be resolved anytime soon.

Shall we not dwell on hypotheticals when justifying action and policy; I could easily claim that France, having assembled her safe Empire in the farthest corner of the Caribbean, may decide to push into Puerto Rico and Hispaniola because she is bored, and Britain is simply acting preemptively.  As you can attest, this method of thinking is exhausting and immaterial.

I remain the humble object of Your abject Musing,

A. S. Brown

Gentlemen,

It is clear to observe the delicate grasp for which you hold reality.  The protest by the West Indies Squadron is not against French involvement in the War; the French are allies of Sweden and have justly come to their defense.  The protest is to the flagrant lies attributed to Our name here and elsewhere.  When Britain is painted with a broad stroke, nary a murmur emanates from Our Captains; but when we are addressed by name to things for which we did not do, you may very well expect a harsh rebuke.  France may proclaim any declaration that tickles her fancy, but do not appall when Britain ignores such things as trifling arrogance from an inept consortium of pardoned pyrats.  The only Ports in the region for which the West Indies Squadron has taken are Frederickstad (reclaimed from the Pyrats, soon to be given to the Danes) and Spanish Towne (reclaimed from the Swedes who took it from the Danes, who acquired it from Britain).  It is unfortunate that Britain is often divided on political notions, as is any nation with more than ten people, but that won't be resolved anytime soon.

Shall we not dwell on hypotheticals when justifying action and policy; I could easily claim that France, having assembled her safe Empire in the farthest corner of the Caribbean, may decide to push into Puerto Rico and Hispaniola because she is bored, and Britain is simply acting preemptively.  As you can attest, this method of thinking is exhausting and immaterial.

I remain the humble object of Your abject Musing,

A. S. Brown

Pray tell, where did you put the key to the closet in the captains quarters of the Trincom you relinquished to my command?  I've looked everywhere for it and I really don't want to have to break the door down. She does sail nicely with 3 new masts and a new bowsprit on her, however.  Thanks!

British clans pushing East and attacking French were WIS and DCA that I have noticed.

Can't speak for WIS but DCA doesn't care about RvR and are just looking for PvP. It is funny how everyone freaks out about seeing down there.

Can't speak for WIS but DCA doesn't care about RvR and are just looking for PvP. It is funny how everyone freaks out about seeing down there.

You want pvp go to Puerto Rico. There is nothing for you at FR but new players learning to sail.

We go wherever. So far it's been OMG, BORK, and some other French society. I'm fairly certain they were not newbs learning how to sail since they outclassed us on the ship's.

Oh there was a 1v1 I did and we both had snows. He was a newb and tried to flip me and rammed me 5 times. That frenchie went glubglub.

The one BORK guy I was just playing around with in my snow vs his belle. We really have no I intention hitting Swedish players atm.

But thanks for the protip. We will sail wherever and attack whomever we want. You don't get to dictate who we play nice with. Seals do make the nicest coats.

We go wherever. So far it's been OMG, BORK, and some other French society. I'm fairly certain they were not newbs learning how to sail since they outclassed us on the ship's.

Oh there was a 1v1 I did and we both had snows. He was a newb and tried to flip me and rammed me 5 times. That frenchie went glubglub.

The one BORK guy I was just playing around with in my snow vs his belle. We really have no I intention hitting Swedish players atm.

But thanks for the protip. We will sail wherever and attack whomever we want. You don't get to dictate who we play nice with. Seals do make the nicest coats.

ID, I thought we were going to try to make friends...

Oh wells

Angy ID is my favorite ID ;)

What are you trying to be the angry DCA guy?

Tell Pelleas to get his butt into the game. This one is far superior to POTBS and it was tailor made for groups like DCA.

I don't think Brit is really going to be where you will like it most. It's got a lot of the same issues as Tiggy Brit had.

If you can swell your ranks up Spain could really use some help and we could certainly show you some pvp fun if you join France. If it's just going to be the 4 or so of you living out of Free Cities then Pirate has some good options for you too and in this game there is absolutely no one a pirate cannot engage. Good Luck!

Edited by Bach

Pell doesn't have time for this game. Something about being a responsible family man...

There are always options. You should know we tend to not stay one nation. Although we were Spain for more maps than any.

Not angry either. Very happy to play a game that is what potbs should of been. Was just getting the feeling that some sort of ROE was being forced on us. Don't hunt here and go over there generally doesn't set well when not asked for.

Oh, he won't like us very much then.

Actually he is a carbon copy of us. He just doesn't have his whole clan playing yet. In the meantime the few DCA should go French. They won't regret the time with us before they eventually move on to other things.

Actually he is a carbon copy of us. He just doesn't have his whole clan playing yet. In the meantime the few DCA should go French. They won't regret the time with us before they eventually move on to other things.

I meant the chain for hours from range thing :)