Game-Labs Forum

Expanding the amount of Portslots?

If you buy a new outpost, you increase your ship slots by 5. It's not in the same port but 5 extra slots for new ships.

I don't have any trouble with the 5 slot's per harbour, imo it's enough.

1- 1st rate

2- 2nd rate

3- 3rd rate

4- frigate

5- smal ship

??

Edited by Jacob van Heemskerck

Yeah, maybe five is enough, but just wondering.

Some extra slots to park a trading ship or two whould be nice.

And if someone wants to play with purely caputurd/durabilty1 ships, you could need extra slots to build up some stock of them

Yeah, maybe five is enough, but just wondering.

Some extra slots to park a trading ship or two whould be nice.

And if someone wants to play with purely caputurd/durabilty1 ships, you could need extra slots to build up some stock of them

Maybe the best way to do this is to invest in extra outpost's, one that is ideal to trade, one that is ideal for battle ships (near a frontline?) or a little bit of both?

But i must still figur this out by myself, but for now 5 slot's for ship's per harbour is enough for me, but i like to craft my own ships, i break up captured ships or sell them.

Just open an outpost in the next port over from your base if you need them together.  The 10 or so minutes to sail between the two towns is fairly negligible.  Then you have 10 slots within easy access, and can transfer between the two ports easily with a free cutter.  Of course, I wouldn't say no to increasing the number of vessels I can have in a port (maybe excluding free ports or the capitol?).

• 2 months later...

Resurrecting this thread. Is it time yet to consider this proposal?

Other than buying extra port slots, perhaps mothballing is an idea, to store extra ships? Pay a fee to mothball a ship, and when it needs to be taken into service again it costs an hour or two to prepare the ship?

Although I honestly don't know whether mothballing Age of Sail ships was an actual thing.

i would like to see an option where I can "upgrade" on of my outposts to store more than just 5 ships. Maybe i have to publicly announce that i have an outpost in the port, or maybe i have to own land in the port. Nonetheless, I find only being able to store 5 boats in a port where I pvp to be very limiting (even as a captain who wont sail 1 dura boats). Any boats I do capture, I normally send them to the back-lands to be dismantled for parts or sold instead of being reused. 

Edit: my pvp dockyards look something like this-Pavel, Trinc, trinc, coni, ingermanland. Yes, I do use all the boats.

Edited by Thurston Beers