Game-Labs Forum

Add few basic tutorial pictures when log in for the first time.

Tutorial Cards

New players lack information when they log in for the first time. Adding simple tutorial cards can resolve waiting time when asking people in chat what to do and how to do it.  

For Example

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/potbs/images/1/11/Ship_controls.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090601144214

Small thing like this can help new players a lot. 

Anyone willing to create something similar? Photoshop/Illustrator people. 

What we need:

-Key Commands

-Boarding screen explanation

-Compass details

-Cannon types

-Shop basic navigation

etc..

players can always review them by typing /guide in chat.

Devs can this be added to a game?

• Like 1

Yeah, but nothing in game and it's very bad.

As far as I remember there was a statement of the devs somewhere else in the forum that an ingame tutorial will be added sometime later.

And in my opinion this tutorial should not only be made out of text and illustrations, but also contain Quests and rewards... like you have to click through ships/equipment/shop to get money and the quest to buy the first ship And guns with that money. And so on.

BUT for games in EA it is kind of common not to have any guides YET. And I think it's not really needed that much, because there is (s.o.) enough information here in the forum or on Youtube and it's not that hard to find. What the game only needs is to give those new players not having been here a small push to drop by. So I suggest an ingame notification to new players like:

Currently there is no in-game tutorial yet. Check out our Forum (link) for guides and informations. (Optional refer to Youtube)

You would read it, know where to find a tutorial and info, click on ok, start the game, get confused, open a browser, go to the forum and be happy. And if you don't want to read, watch vids. There are already a lot and I'm sure at this moment lots in progress.

PS: Keep it short, or else exactly those in need of that simple info-message will just skip it, because they are... ahm, well... to smart to be helped?