Game-Labs Forum

transfer characters between servers as they comr online in different regions?

Well, since the ability to save rank even between the PvP and the PvE servers will quite probably stay after EA, why shouldn't the same work for a potential Austrlian server?

Not so fast.  There are a lot of assumptions there.

Two major architectures are possible for the current server(s):

A shared DB between PvE and PvP, and different DBs between the two, with the assumption that current XP is pushed between them on log in.  Since ONLY XP and Character (and XP is likely in the same table as Character) are shared, it's pretty simple to switch back and forth.

Moving an entire character and all his assets between two servers, PvP to PvP in a different region, is, however, not trivial.  IDs have to be reset, relationships updated, and the data itself transmitted safely and securely between two geographically different locations.

It's not impossible, but it's hardly the same as the current PvE/PvP situation.   :)

• Like 1

Unless numbers support mutil servers in different areas single server would also be preferable anyway, high ping has to date been no issue in this game, PVE servers in different zones would be fine but PVP needs enough bods to make it work. SEA server (i am in SEA) for pvp would not be fun if but a handful of folk were on it.

• Like 2

I asked because in world of warships all the Aussies play in the north America servers. But I had a few new friends start on the Asian servers and leveling up before I knew. They had no idea all that experience in the Asian servers would not come over when they logged in to play with us on the north American ones. Caused a few people to rage quit and not play at all.

So you see I am anticipating problems for people trying to play with new found friends or people not using any new servers because they would lose experience.