Game-Labs Forum

Will there be small ships?

Sorry, but I couldn't find this information anwhere on forum - are there gona be small ships like sloops, ketches, brigs, schooners, pinaces, etc. or just huge galleons, frigates and ships-of-the-line?

Could you show us some list of the ships that you plan to include?

Well, there are certainly going to be smaller ships too, look for example at the picture right on top of this forum page and also in the 'all pics in one album' thread. But I agree with you that in all the testing screens and vids so far, they seem to be focussing on the large ships and fleet actions. It's a shame: I'll probably never sail a SoL. Way too sluggish IMO.

Well, there are certainly going to be smaller ships too, look for example at the picture right on top of this forum page and also in the 'all pics in one album' thread. But I agree with you that in all the testing screens and vids so far, they seem to be focussing on the large ships and fleet actions.

I can only imagine that is because they look the most impressive to most viewers. Other than that, stress testing I guess. The fleet action, rendering so many particles and such would put a big strain on what they have completed so far.

Oh also Dino, nothing is a stupid question if you don't know the answer mate ;)

Edited by Chunx

Sorry, but I couldn't find this information anwhere on forum - are there gona be small ships like sloops, ketches, brigs, schooners, pinaces, etc. or just huge galleons, frigates and ships-of-the-line?

Could you show us some list of the ships that you plan to include?

There are 3 smaller ships for testing purposes 

Navy cutter

Schooner

Brig

These ships were the first we made and are currently considered low quality according to our standards - they need to be remade or improved

another reason for testing only big ships is performance optimization - they use more polygons and thus are better for stress testing

• Like 1

Thats great. But please think about including Corvettes and different types of brigs, shooners and cutters. Ofcourse  don't forget about snows, sloops and other small size vessels.

It makes game real awesome just to be able to sail diferent ships even if they are similar in stats. Variety of ships in POtBS is really awesome even if most of them is quite comparable. It makes world looks more... living. I personally hate when there is a "straight line" of ships/equipment, that is making another ship/item just bigger and better. In POtBS you can see lvl50 players sailing cutters, corvettes and other small things. Taking other example - EVE Online - mass of old, experienced players is flying low lvl ships (T1 frigs and cruisers). It works, creating diversity and fun:)

They are definitely looking to have those ships in. They actually have a thread around here asking for help with some specific 3D modelling. Those ships are part of the list they would like people to help with :) Fear not. We will see a wide variety of ships in Naval Action. I'm with you though, anything Frigate or smaller is wonderfully awesome to watch and use.

Early access edition will feature this ships

1. Naval Cutter

2. Schooner

3. Light Brig

4. Royal armed Yacht from pre-order package

5. Heavy Corvette

6. Snow

7. Medium Frigate

8. Super-Frigate

9. 64 gun 4th rate

10. 74

11. First rate

There are some gaps in the line up that will be filled after ship model requirements are finalized form the performance standpoint. 

• Like 1

Early access edition will feature this ships

1. Naval Cutter

2. Schooner

3. Light Brig

4. Royal armed Yacht from pre-order package

5. Heavy Corvette

6. Snow

7. Medium Frigate

8. Super-Frigate

9. 64 gun 4th rate

10. 74

11. First rate

There are some gaps in the line up that will be filled after ship model requirements are finalized form the performance standpoint. 

What happened to the Brigantine?

Cheers,

Brigand

• Like 2