Game-Labs Forum

I would like to suggest to the developers to make Parrot Cay a free town in the next wipe. There are 8 free towns in close proximity to Nassau in which one can open an outpost. This area also has an abundance of shallow water, to the benefit of smaller ships.

Behind Parrot Cay there is also a nice body of shallow water - from Parrot Cay to Blondel Cay. This area is also ideal to shallow water ships. But there are no free towns in which to open an outpost that a small ship sailor might use as a base of operations. Parrot Cay is also a deep water port, so it can accommodate ships of all classes, but primarily it would help the shallow water ship sailors who would benefit from the protection that the shallow waters offer. 

• Like 1

At this time the port is a contestable port. I wouldn't leave any ships docked in a contestable port with the intent of using the port as a base of operations. I already learned the hard way, shorty after the implementation of port battles and removal of teleporting, that I couldn't get to the remote outpost in time to remove my ships before the port was captured and thus had no access to remove them. I won't do that again. Parrot Cay is ideal for shallow water ships and deep water ships of any Nation, but especially shallow water ships. There are not many large shallow bodies of water like this in the game. Giving access for all players to one free town near this body of water would be good so that all players would have access to it for it's strategic value.