Game-Labs Forum

64 bit architecture ?

i asked in the new patch thread, but it got buried too fast for anyone to notice, so ill ask here. the patch notes tell of a move to 64 bit architecture. are you saying we need to be running a 64 bit version of Windows, or does it mean you made the difficult and time consuming task of changing the engine to run in 64 bit instead of 32?. if you did make the switch, that is a very significant thing as it allows them to access an infinite amount of memory (like 14 billion gigs) and make gigantic maps because of the enormous numbers that can be generated from 64 bit.

• Like 1

From the little bits I've done Unity 5 is a lot easier to port to 64 bit (depending on how the code was designed). Anyone with win7 or later has access to x64 so I'd love to see what can be done with an x64 only client :)   Cities Skylines is the only non x86 Unity game I can think of atm.

Would 16gb make any difference? 

Depends on what you do, should have no difference for this game alone as the devs have to program for some of the more common configs, and 8GB of ram is hands down the most common so setting that as a hard limit for them is good as to not leave people behind with a lower ram amount than 16.

Is it recommended to run Naval Action on an SSD to avoid loading stutters? Also will a 2Gb GPU (GTX 770) suffice?

1. my r9 270(weaker card) runs it fine, so you should be good.

2. currently, it doesnt matter much wether you run game on HDD or SSD, any stuttering will come from somewhere else.

Ok thanks, I have had issues with HDD stuttering with some flight sims but guess they are moving much faster and so need to cache and load scenery quicker and more often. I am praying that my PC will capable for running NA at decent frames at 1080p with all the eye candy turned up!

My specs:

I5 3570k at 4.5 GHz

16 Gb RAM

GTX 770 2Gb

250Gb 850 Evo SSD

27" 1080p monitor

• 2 weeks later...