Game-Labs Forum

Would Use a Broadside if...

Glasher

I've been playing the game for almost a month and haven't used the broadside on anything yet. From what I've read and picked up on the help chat, unaimed broadsides requires the [ & ] together. So I tried it in and out of aim mode, just the [ key in and out of aim mode, and the ] key in and out of aim mode.

From what I've read and picked up on the help chat, aim mode needs the left mouse to give the broadside. So just reread the above but replace [ & ] with left mouse. Well that's where I am and any suggestions will be appreciated. Then again, I may simply be doing something wrong myself. LOL I always open to that option. Thanks.

The [ and ] keys were really used if you needed to quickly get a broadside off at neutral elevation.  I've only used it a couple times, usually when crossing the T between two ships that are both extremely close together to try and get a quick rake off.

To fire a normal, aimed broadside, enter aiming mode on a particular side, and use your left mouse button.  It's really just commanding all the guns to fire without having to press the space bar to fire each one individually.

Did that answer your question?

Sorry Henry and Prater, as I said. I am well aware of the commands. I wish it was that simple. I would simply use those commands and BOOM, a broadside. Unfortunately, as I wrote, I have used those commands in every possible combination for a net result of zero. Unless of course one considers frustration a welcome result.

I don't know of a better way to say it gentlemen, there is no combination of click or key commands that will provoke a broadside from any ship I have sailed.

That is what is at issue here and what I am asking help for. Unless it is a rank issue.

Sorry Henry and Prater, as I said. I am well aware of the commands. I wish it was that simple. I would simply use those commands and BOOM, a broadside. Unfortunately, as I wrote, I have used those commands in every possible combination for a net result of zero. Unless of course one considers frustration a welcome result.

I don't know of a better way to say it gentlemen, there is no combination of click or key commands that will provoke a broadside from any ship I have sailed.

That is what is at issue here and what I am asking help for. Unless it is a rank issue.

1st, make sure you have guns(sorry might sound stupids but you know...)

2nd check the controls

3d. if that didnt work try checking file integrety in steam

4th try reinstalling naval action

4th try reinstalling naval action

That's only thing I haven't tried but should have. Not much on tech ability with computers but probably will go smooth enough. And thank you. I'll post the results when I get to it.

The only time I've been sunk or left a battle can be directly laid on the lap of not being able to use the broadside. At least I'd like to think so. lol

p.s. Thanks for the unintended 1st line chuckle.

That's only thing I haven't tried but should have. Not much on tech ability with computers but probably will go smooth enough. And thank you. I'll post the results when I get to it.

The only time I've been sunk or left a battle can be directly laid on the lap of not being able to use the broadside. At least I'd like to think so. lol

Have you tried Resetting your controls from options?

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it as you suggested, but still no broadside, aimed or not.

Have you tried Resetting your controls from options?

Please tell me what resetting my controls will do, or at least why. I did, and nothing changed because I haven't made any changes.

I guess it matters not, it worked! I can now use a broadside for the 1st time. Thank you, Sir! And thank you Henry and Prater for your thoughts and effort as well.

<Salute>