Game-Labs Forum

Please get rid of reinforcements...

Devs need to better explain reinforcement zone range. If you are within a range then it will appear in battle because it can. Maybe you don't visually see it, but it's there because time is compressed in game.  Yes, players will abuse it and stay within reinforcements range to be on the safe side. 

I do hope this gets redone soon. I can understand the reasoning behind some of the current anti-ganking features etc., but then again, I don't think the developers can keep people from doing what they want (and force them to test whatever feature is new at the moment - crafting in this case) - and for most people, I believe that is to shoot cannonballs into enemy ships without too much limitation and fuss...

Personally I'd love to see most of these artificial balancing disappear: okay, if you get attacked within close range of your capital or very near to one of your nations port, there should be a possibility for support - then again, there should quite naturally be a few AI ships of your nation sailing around such waters, and the best option, I think, would be if any such ships/fleets that are within range would jump into the battle to support - instead of some magically appearing clones or whatever we have now (I also liked the capital fleets better before, when they were actually sailing on the map instead of magically appearing).

Somewhat in connection with this, I hope the weird battle rating limitations gets removed, mostly because they're severely hampering the dynamics of group play - but also, partly as in the case above, for the sake of realism and logic.

I believe this will be addressed to an extent when more features are implemented into the game. The reason reinforcement zones are a bit edgy at the minute is because they are ALWAYS in the top corner of our UI. Why is that? Because nearly every battle we have is close to some port or other when actually combat should be occurring in the middle of the Caribbean ocean. Sure you could do some inshore patrols but not to the extent that were doing now, which is literally hugging the coast. As soon as long distance trade routes, missions and other stuff are introduced to draw the action slightly further away from the ports this problem will become less of a problem.

At the very least, severely reduce its range!

I had a player summon help IN PYRATE TERRITORY!

WTF Was that??? :huh:

On the flip side why should Pirates get reinforcements? There has never been honour amongst thieves so why do they start coordinating defensive fleets now?

I've even heard that Pirates get reinforcements at neutral ports, perhaps that can be confirmed?

• Like 3