Game-Labs Forum

Why Caribbean not Europe?

The Caribbean was certainly an explosive area. I have seen in other threads people stating that large warships were not generally in the area which is incredibly false. I would like to see European waters included later on (although I imagine that the sail would be immensely painful).

Do you really mean that the next dev stage regarding maps will be adding made-up islands in the middle of the Caribbean Sea and of the Gulf of Mexico, where it is "empty", to "fill in space" ?

Why not? Admin said that the card has a little bit does not coincide with reality. Since the past few centuries has changed little geography. A recent patch, where the islands are higher and more beautiful than the same geography changed. And finally, the Admin said, "if necessary, we draw a new island is not difficult"

Why not? Admin said that the card has a little bit does not coincide with reality. Since the past few centuries has changed little geography. A recent patch, where the islands are higher and more beautiful than the same geography changed. And finally, the Admin said, "if necessary, we draw a new island is not difficult"

You're right : why not ? I won't complain anyway : any map would do to me.

It's just that mixing a rather realistic map with made-up elements seems to me, a priori, a funny idea. It seems not to satisfy neither realism nor "fantasy".

I'd rather see 2 juxtaposed maps or 2 maps linked by a teleport : one (at least) quite realistic (as the current Caribbean) and one made-up ; one for warfare and trade, the one for exploration ; one fixed, one that could be periodically changed ; one known, one Terra Incognita. Because, as I see it at the moment, after final release of the game, it'll be very difficult to explore in the middle of intensive naval combats and exploring the centre of something (ie the Caribbean), not the tip of it is a funny idea.    

However, as you wrote it, it has been discussed long ago and I may not see the whole picture, such as the fact that exploration may have to be linked to trade and that the Caribbean may be wide enough for 3000 players (whatever their activity : warfare, trade, exploration) or that exploration may not be a priority . So my comment may be of no interest. ;)

Edited by LeBoiteux

Because the temperature in the Caribbean is better for the sailors, you dont want them to freeze to death ? do'nt ya:)

I think it a matter of time and more population before new world regions open up, it is inevitable if this game become a succes.

Actually it's terrible for sailors. Malaria, consumption, and many other diseases were far more prevalent in the Caribbean.

Because pirates were in Caribbean and that was where all the action was at.

As others mentioned, pirates are everywhere. However, the pirates in the Mediterranean might be a little politically difficult to use. I know being PC isn't a goal, obviously, but given the current world situation around the region it's better to stick with Caribbean pirates I think.

I guess you could go to the Pacific and Asia if you wanted something a little different, though.