Game-Labs Forum

Open World - Open Sea Sailing Stop/Go Issue

LeBoiteux

Every 10 seconds, far away from coast and shallow waters, whatever her direction from and to the wind, my basic Lynx stops during 1-2 seconds and then starts again for 10 seconds. On and on... All the time. At each session.

No FPS drops (FPS is between 40 and 60), only ship deceleration and acceleration (variations in speed)...

No sail changes, no direction changes. Moving in a straight line. No key pressed on the keyboard. 

Just an AZERTY keyboard with a QWERTY setup (english). It worked with sea trials and it works in combat instances.

No stop and go issue in combat instances. Only in the OW.

Geforce GTX 560 Ti

Intel Core i7-2600 3,4 GHz

8 Go RAM

Graphics : medium

FPS : 50-60

Ping : 60-70

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

LeBoiteux, be sure to mention what your solution was.  Also, perhaps once you figure out exactly what is hogging your internet every 10 seconds, post which task is doing it for future reference with other people who may run into this issue. 

• Like 1

It seems to be an internet issue : startup programs that run in the background hog internet every 10 seconds during a couple of seconds.

Stable (?) solution :
  1. Test your ping
  • open up command prompt (cmd + enter)
  • type for example  c:\>ping google.com -t
  • look for timeouts, that is times > average time
In my case, every 10-11 seconds, "times" were about 2000 ms (2s), instead of 50 ms.

1. Identify which is/are the hogging program(s) and close them
Let your ping test run. Open the task manager. Close running programs and identify those contributing to timeouts. 

I had a very similar problem with the cable provider's internet router. On wireless, it dropped all packets every 1:45 for 15 seconds.  Extremely annoying, and replacing it with another unit didn't help.  A third party wireless router fixed the issue.

Always check your network with the above and/or a program called PingPlotter - you might be surprised where the problem is.

Very glad you got the issue identified and could work around it sir!