Game-Labs Forum

Fleet Treasury

Hey!

I'd like to talk about the Fleet's treasury, delving deeper into realism and ship balancing.  By ship balancing, I mean, not having every person out there in the world sailing around on 1st rate.

1.SHIP BALANCING

This is already sort of discouraged in the current open world, but I believe it should be borderline impossible for lone wolves to aqquire a 1st rate, and extremely difficult to aqquire a SoL in general.

If they did somehow manage to afford one, it would be nearly useless as a SoL by itself is very prone to being engaged and destroyed by a small group of frigates, or a group of ships in general.

2.FLEET TREASURY

My opinion is that in the UI, one or two people are chosen to act as the Fleet's treasurers. On top of this, I think that as a lone wolf, after every victory, you only recieve 80% of the total earnings. If you join a fleet however, you still get 80% of the winnings, but the other 20% is automatically transferred to the Fleet's coffers, so the fleet has a constant income.  Players should also be able to transfer gold or ships to their fleet.  The main point of this is that the Fleet Admiralty decides which ships captains will be sailing depending on skill, experience and past record.  It also enables for the purchase and storage of high end equipment / ships so when new recruits join, they are given the very best equipment, depending on the Fleet's wealth and power.

3. MORE INCOME

So we already have a constant stream of income from Fleet Captains, I think other income possibilites would be, captured islands [which pay money directly to the fleet that controls them, who, in turn,have to pay a certain amount of tax to their nation from this income].  And of course you have trade convoys etc.

Thoughts / opinions?

So basically a player should be punished because they might not be able to join a clan/fleet/etc that plays during my time? Or just becsuse a player just dont like a particular group of plsyers that may fit into my avsilable times?

Edited by Justme
  • Like 1

Not at all, players aren't being punished for anything.  This is about bringing realism even closer.  You just WOULDN'T have a large SoL sailing without support close at hand, it would be extremely vulnerable. Hence why you need a fleet. And as regards to money earn't, captains in fleets earn the same as captains without, but as i said the 20% that is missing goes to the fleet coffers.

This, as i said, stops us having every player zipping around in a 1st rate, which would just be ridiculous. 

Edited by Richard Bolitho

I'm afraid I don't agree with this idea.

You say that it isn't punishing players directly for not being in a clan, but I think it is. You get 20% less profit... if it is transferred into a separate clan account then back into the player's it is still profit that clan members receive and solo players don't. I know clans are supposed to only give it to their best captains but you and I both know there will be tons of clans where it's just a way of getting 20% more earnings. Also why do you receive less as a solo player anyway? If anything a player who is not in a clan would receive more of the winnings they earn, not having to pay the clan a %. Make Solo players keep 95% (Slight deduction for tax or what have you) and let clans select the amount they want to deduct from the profits of their members.

Also its totally unnecessary, because of how vulnerable an isolated 1st rate is, solo players will almost never choose them. Just get swarmed by 3 connies and you are toast. Plus the cost means that it will be hard for non-clan members to sustain them anyway. The benefits of being in a clan are already plenty high enough in my opinion.

• Like 2

I know some people do want to try and keep things as realistic as possible but we do need to draw a line at some point, we could go as far as having to order a ship and waiting a year or 2 to before its even completed, or that you are destroyed on the open sea and your character dies and you need to start again, i mean really..... it would be realistic thats for sure but i bet it wouldn't make people happy, as much as i get where your coming from i don't see it as a good way of doing things for those who don't want to be doing the who clan thing and getting dictated to in the hope of trying to get a rate or something, its just not a viable option unfortunately.

Yawn.... How many threads do we have running that covers this conversation? I think three at least that I can remember and who knows how many other threads this has been brought up. Maybe this should be moved to one of those threads???

-If players have control of who gets the rates then only the most popular will have a chance to sail one. Its human nature that won't be denied.

-There's no reason for a solo player to suffer more.

-This is a full pvp world so solo players are not likely to put to sea in their hard earned first rate.

-The concern of too many first rates is an unfounded expectation to begin with anyways.

• Like 1