Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.5 Feedback<<<(Latest version: v1.5.1.2)

On 4/3/2024 at 6:36 PM, Azerostar said:

Always seen AI rather to shoot a light armor target far away than a heavy armor target at their faces(and prefer shoot a damaged target far away than a healthy target at close). Its good that AI would try to destroy the weak or damaged enemies first,but they seem too inflexible to do so and completely neglect the situation they were facing.  I thought this is almost the worst part of the game experiences at now.

And if the AI aiming control can be edited in text files,that will be really grateful😊

Almost one month passed and this question still the same, I really want to know is this on your time table?

I know you have fix many bugs in this month, but this is one of the base parts of the game experiences,and I really miss the time the AI could chose targets more reasonable.

• Thanks 1

I've found another bug during battles. Apparently there's a chance for some ships to spawn as if they were surrendered, like, they don't move or react to orders, they just stay there and they don't even seem to be floating on water, but just being displayed as a prop.

This has happened to me during a battle in the Black Sea, where out of my small task force of 1 CA and 2 CL, both light cruisers were bugged in this way, allowing me to only play with the CA. I've also seen this happen to the AI, with one of their DDs suffering from the same issue. The bugged ships can still be damaged and sunk, though.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fangoriously said:

If you double click the port name of one of your ships in the fleet tab, it switches to the map centered on top of that port 😲

It is not overlap problem. It is still problem of port name being too small. And it also dont show which port has ship. And no, going to fleet tab every time is very inconvenient when you have big fleets.

On 4/30/2024 at 6:31 PM, TK3600 said:

I also notice AI seems to prioritize deck armor and ignore belt. And by that I mean only 1 particular part of the deck.

I captured some (the ones that weren't sunk) AI BBs that had no deck protection.  Explains their propensity to spontaneously combust.

11 hours ago, Nender said:

I've found another bug during battles. Apparently there's a chance for some ships to spawn as if they were surrendered, like, they don't move or react to orders, they just stay there and they don't even seem to be floating on water, but just being displayed as a prop.

This has happened to me during a battle in the Black Sea, where out of my small task force of 1 CA and 2 CL, both light cruisers were bugged in this way, allowing me to only play with the CA. I've also seen this happen to the AI, with one of their DDs suffering from the same issue. The bugged ships can still be damaged and sunk, though.

I too have experienced this problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, applegrcoug said:

I captured some (the ones that weren't sunk) AI BBs that had no deck protection.  Explains their propensity to spontaneously combust.

Maybe a minimum 0.1in armor should be required for AI ships, unless TB. 

I also notice while main belt is usually protected, aft and front are usually 0.1. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, TK3600 said:

Maybe a minimum 0.1in armor should be required for AI ships, unless TB. 

I also notice while main belt is usually protected, aft and front are usually 0.1. 

It would be lovely if the minimum armour in shiptypes had a follow on effect on the other parts or the ship rather than just the main belt. For instance if the minimum is M then the game could insist that the minimum for all other parts of the ship is M/6, so for a BB with min 9” main belt this would ensure that it also has 1.5” everywhere else.

Alternatively editable minimums for the main belt, main deck, extended belts, extended decks, superstructure, conning tower etc. would also be very useful, and allow delicate fine tuning of the auto builder.

Edited by brothermunro
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, brothermunro said:

It would be lovely if the minimum armour in shiptypes had a follow on effect on the other parts or the ship rather than just the main belt. For instance if the minimum is M then the game could insist that the minimum for all other parts of the ship is M/6, so for a BB with min 9” main belt this would ensure that it also has 1.5” everywhere else.

Alternatively editable minimums for the main belt, main deck, extended belts, extended decks, superstructure, conning tower etc. would also be very useful, and allow delicate fine tuning of the auto builder.

I can see AI might struggle with overweight problem. However, AI could go overweight, then go reduce armor til it fits.

Or some for of rule that prevents fore/aft belt/deck armor from being thicker than fore/aft main belt/deck armor.
Very often do we see the AI build for example battleships with 0" main deck armor and 12" fore or aft deck armor.
Or ships with 0" (or minimum, depending on class) main belt armor and very heavy fore or aft belt armor.

If there was a rule preventing the extended belts/decks from being thicker than the mains, the AI would have to armor up the important areas before wasting displacement on super thick slabs of steel elsewhere.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, brothermunro said:

Now you're just talking too much sense.

Heck, you could use rudimentary rules for each protection scheme...all or nothing should be different than cit3.

I have another oddity/bug.

Just finished a war with Spain.  For reparations I took several DDs, two CLs and a BC.  The DDs and CLs show up as classes I can refit.  The BC is absent.

9 hours ago, applegrcoug said:

I have another oddity/bug.

Just finished a war with Spain.  For reparations I took several DDs, two CLs and a BC.  The DDs and CLs show up as classes I can refit.  The BC is absent.

This has also somewhat happened to me lots of times recently, but with my supposedly sold ships. I realized that a country could still ask to buy a ship that was in the proccess of being sold to another.

This may be an exploit? Even before you have RDF or Radar, if you don't know where the enemy is, you can tell your ships to retreat and they will set a course 180 degrees from the nearest enemy. Then set the course manually again in the opposite direction and you will whammo right into the nearest baddie.

Posted (edited)

When attacking a territory as part of an alliance, the first attacking power gets "dibs" on the province once it's invaded. Would be nice if there was a way to fiddle with this - trading technology or money to your ally in exchange for the province maybe.

Similarly, if you're trying to avoid a war with somebody, maybe there could be a way to do diplomacy - like, propose trading colonies and cash with each other, and if there's enough of an imbalance in the AIs favor, you can reset your relationship to 0 or something.

Edited by Dave P.

5 hours ago, Dave P. said:

This may be an exploit? Even before you have RDF or Radar, if you don't know where the enemy is, you can tell your ships to retreat and they will set a course 180 degrees from the nearest enemy. Then set the course manually again in the opposite direction and you will whammo right into the nearest baddie.

You can also quickly toggle the AI control on and then off again, it will set an intercept course for you.

• Like 1

Is anyone experiencing issues where their destroyers are allergic to firing torpedoes? I'm in 1940 fighting Germany and I have an encounter where they have a single 135,000 ton battleship that I would very much like to relive them of. However my destroyers will never fire a single torpedo. I have tried setting the torpedo usage to be aggressive and even 6km away (torpedo range is 11 km) they target the battleship but never fire a torpedo. This is a recent phenomenon and since that bad boy does have a gunnery advantage against my current ships I do want to be able to use my destroyers to hobble it a bit. Any ideas on what I can do?

On 5/3/2024 at 11:35 PM, Dave P. said:

When attacking a territory as part of an alliance, the first attacking power gets "dibs" on the province once it's invaded. Would be nice if there was a way to fiddle with this - trading technology or money to your ally in exchange for the province maybe.

Similarly, if you're trying to avoid a war with somebody, maybe there could be a way to do diplomacy - like, propose trading colonies and cash with each other, and if there's enough of an imbalance in the AIs favor, you can reset your relationship to 0 or something.

Fair since AI always know where you are.

Speak of fog of war, it would be nice to implement identify mechanics in strategic level. We dont get to see which class, only hull type. After facing the class once we begin to identify them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Not sure if right place, but I suggest making shared designs available to player campaign as well. It only makes sense that "shared" means available to both player and AI, not just AI. Conversely, let players save ships in campaign into shared designs. It would be interesting to start facing your own designs from past campaign. 

Edited by TK3600
Missed a word
  • Like 2

I've been at war with Germany now for quite some time.  Their fleet is down under 50,000 tons.  I have blockaded them...you know, into economic stagnation................of 7.3%.  My non blockaded GDP isn't much better at 8.4%

Hi guys i came back to play after lng break. Congratulations on progress i hope to see more fun things and content even if it is in DLC format.

Please think about creating in game librery of designs for AI made by players that would be shared with internet

I honestly think game is a bit of a mess from a design standpoint i guess you guys were to ambitious, and it would have turned out more refines if you decided to go for ironclads or even woodenships, less varied and with a bit less content but more refined.

Still great job hope to see more progress :)