Game-Labs Forum

[Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.13.0 for UAD 1.5.1.1 Opt x1

brothermunro

Thanks - its all sorted now. One thing I have fed back to the devs is the invisible dead ball zone around the ships. When they collide when they are within 30ft of each other!  It can also make for torpedo strikes against a part of the ship which isn't there

On 4/8/2024 at 2:42 AM, brothermunro said:

Yes and no. It’s a problem in the vanilla game as well but because DIP ships don’t have crazy high deceleration it makes it more visible/worse. I’ve done what I can to make it not as bad; increasing the spacing, making the max division size only four ships etc.

If it really bothers you disband all divisions and make substitute ones using the follow command - this enforces the ship’s maximum speeds and you won’t get ships running into each other

ok fair enough thanks

• Like 1

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.12.5 for UAD 1.5.0.9
  • brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.12.6 for UAD 1.5.0.9 Opt x1
  • brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.12.8 for UAD 1.5.0.9 Opt x3
  • brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.12.9 for UAD 1.5.0.9 Opt x4
  • brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.12.10 for UAD 1.5.1.0

As a suggestion - since the muzzle velocity seems to affect gun accuracy a lot more in the mod, wouldn't it be simpler to balance propellants entirely with muzzle velocity effects, removing the gun base accuracy effects?

As an example, Ballistite has a lower effect on gun accuracy than Cordite I, however, because Cordite I has a higher muzzle velocity modifier, you end up with actually more accurate guns according to the tooltips. This makes comparing propellants somewhat unintuitive.

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.12.12 for UAD 1.5.1.0 Opt x1
  • brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.12.13 for UAD 1.5.1.1

Uh ok folks, I am uploading a compatibility update for 1.5.1.1 Opt x1 just now, it works, you can keep playing your saves but it seems that all guns have now become laser guided precision weapons. I can fix it, if I rebuild the entire ballistics system, which I've already done (twice) for the under development DIP v2. I was planning on releasing the new version of the mod alongside the next save wipe, however I may need to bring that forwards (unless of course you want to enjoy the auto hitting experience).

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.12.14 for UAD 1.5.1.1 Opt x1
  • brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.13.0 for UAD 1.5.1.1 Opt x1