Game-Labs Forum

[Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.13.0 for UAD 1.5.1.1 Opt x1

brothermunro

Updated the mod to 1.6. I expect this to be the last version for 1.4!

Smoke is back! Compared to vanilla the cooldown is longer and smoke does not reduce detection of ships nearly as much, but does still reduce accuracy.
Slight nerf to partial penetration damage changing the modifier from 0.16 to 0.1.
Task force crew limits now increase more with each tech, allowing for larger fleets than vanilla.
General torpedo rebalance: multi tube launchers are now costed more appropriately (thank you NoX) and the speed, damage and other stats have been rebalanced to be more realistic (thank you Nobody for your hard work on this).
Flooding reduction from torpedoes on double and triple hull bottoms has been halved, as has the flooding reduction on the repeatable anti torpedo tech. This should ensure ships can still take flooding damage from torpedoes in the late game.
Research cost of end game repeatable techs increased.
Hull form reduction of end game repeatable tech reduced.
Invade power and bombardment effectiveness of the end game repeatable tech increased.

• Like 2

• brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.6.1 for UAD 1.4.1.1 Opt x2
  • brothermunro changed the title to [Mod] The Dreadnought Improvement Project v1.7.0b for UAD 1.5 Beta

There are now two versions up on the Nexus. 1.6.1 is for the live branch 1.4.1.1 Opt x2 version of the game. 1.7.0b is for the 1.5 beta branch only. Please make sure you have the right one!

Changes in 1.7.0

Experimental changes to the economy, trying to reign in excessive growth.
Revolutions now do more damage to a nation's economy.
Slightly increased transport loss severity. Increased the proportion of a colony province that can join the army (should help the army not be useless).
Lowered base torpedo dud chance to 50%.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cadet2023 said:

Think there's something wrong with the file. After extracting it, the game doesn't play. It's just a grey screen.

Stable or beta?

Beta is broken due to the update of the game to Update 4, mod is geared for Update 3.  I cannot speak for stable since I don't run that.

1 hour ago, Suribachi said:

Stable or beta?

Beta is broken due to the update of the game to Update 4, mod is geared for Update 3.  I cannot speak for stable since I don't run that.

Beta. Just downloaded 1.7.1 b3 and when installed the game just stays grey.

9 hours ago, Cadet2023 said:

Beta. Just downloaded 1.7.1 b3 and when installed the game just stays grey.

To be expected as the beta got an update riiiiight as I couldn't update the mod. There is now an update 4 compatible version up on the Nexus :)

• Thanks 3

what do you think about lowering the fleet max size? I find myself entering a war, fighting one battle with roughly 30 ships each side, and peacing out after that battle since one side has lost most of its cl's and bb's, instead of what *i think* would be more realistic, which would be fleets of 5 to 10 ships fighting each other during a longer war period

I increased the fleet sizes to help with naval invasions, it still increases slowly over time. I personally much prefer the big battles rather than endless smaller fights, it also allows the AI to gather enough force for it to actually engage the player rather than hiding.

• Like 1

Trying to mod for the first time and I've found something but not sure if its a bug or what. Playing as the UK in July 1902, I'm about to unlock 8000 ton Light cruisers and the tool tip says Armoured Cruiser V which I unlocked previously with Heavy Cruiser 12500 ton. Obviously nothing big but I thought I'd point it out.

BTW thanks for the work you've put in brothermunro, really enjoying the mod so far.

49 minutes ago, McGib said:

Trying to mod for the first time and I've found something but not sure if its a bug or what. Playing as the UK in July 1902, I'm about to unlock 8000 ton Light cruisers and the tool tip says Armoured Cruiser V which I unlocked previously with Heavy Cruiser 12500 ton. Obviously nothing big but I thought I'd point it out.

BTW thanks for the work you've put in brothermunro, really enjoying the mod so far.

that seems like a vanilla issue, not a mod related issue, as i dont believe brothermunro did anything to the techs file in regards to hull unlocks

I don't know if it's you mod or the game itself. 1)Why are ships breaking formation during battle. I had ships just break formation and rush in to attack. 2) Ship are acting like they have ants in their pants. Always swerving back and forth, meanwhile I have avoid off.

Hi brothermunro! I have finally had time to play around with the mod. Doing an American campaign to check out the new American cruiser hulls. I noticed that it was extremely hard to build a USS Texas/ NY class Battleship in the mod at it's factual displacement (of 28400ish tons full load). The guns actually don't fit on the hull at that length, and I had to increase the hull to a 34000 ton hull to fit out the ship anyways. Part of this might be the MK2 guns, which have no range at 45 caliber.

With all that said, is it possible to change when the hull size changes on specific models? And if not, can the US Battleship IV be modified on an individual basis to build a historical NY Class on the minimum hull size and tonnage needed to fit the guns?

If you would like I can also relay other hulls where I notice that this is an issue as I continue through the campaign, and in other campaigns when I get to them.

Could be an issue with the gun models (I’m not intimately familiar with the ship and hull - are the mark 2’s the correct turret shape?). In theory yes hulls can be tweaked on an individual basis, I’m not currently planning on doing that because it is a lot of work that makes updating the mod trickier and more time consuming however I will take a look and see if there’s an easy fix :)

6 minutes ago, brothermunro said:

Could be an issue with the gun models (I’m not intimately familiar with the ship and hull - are the mark 2’s the correct turret shape?). In theory yes hulls can be tweaked on an individual basis, I’m not currently planning on doing that because it is a lot of work that makes updating the mod trickier and more time consuming however I will take a look and see if there’s an easy fix :)

The Turrets are indeed the correct shape.
Here is her in real life (ignore the scaffolding), posting for a layout view:
gk66vhnw6nmc1.jpeg

And here is my... Close enough recreation in game. Yes, the secondary battery is different, but that does not effect main battery placement at all. Note that this is the smallest length hull either that either 45 cal (historical guns) will fit on, or the longer 50s I used for a range boost.

image.thumb.png.67b36f34375088f5528c28dc88482f4d.png

I like both submarines and mines from the vanilla game, is there any easy way for me to re-incorporate them into your mod? Or do you feel that the changes you have made in the game would make them destabilizing. I'm also concerned that the tech tree still appears to have them in there, along with sonar/asw techs, and my precious tech budget is apparently being spent on stuff that won't be useful for me.