Game-Labs Forum

certain ships

Im asking if there will be the oppertunity for the french to buy the Victory for example since its all English made will hey be able to buy the ship in the shipwrights or will it only consist of french made vessels?

Dont think of it as the Victory. Its a class of ships wich was built in britain. But theoretically every nation could have bought one (despite the fact they were at war and had better ships around)

I am interested on how the devs will handle "shipnames" or shiptypes in the final game.

Will we see Trincomalees or can we have our own custom inscriptions at the stern?

I wonder..

perhaps when there are enough ship models we will get restricted to national ships and capturing the rest we want. But i cannot see it happening when we only have one ship in a lot of classes.

I think the best way to look at it would be like EVE Online.  I started off as a Gallante just because they had better looking ships, however I pilot most Caldari/Amarr ships and am have the best reputation with the Caldari empire.  Basically I say, sail what you want to and have fun.