Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.4 Feedback<<< (1.4.1.1 Opt x2 latest version)

Nick Thomadis

On 2/20/2024 at 3:00 PM, vonPeretz said:

You are only the First Lord of the Admiralty with an advisory vote. Issues of war and peace are decided in other offices. 😄

Ups:

params

622: war_min_duration,5,minimal amount of turns for war before any peace,5

I'm not even being given a vote, nor any warning that peace may break out. One day the nation has begun mobilising for war and cruiser squadrons are dueling in the Caribbean, the next the years of negative sentiment which had been building suddenly is gone and everyone is happy.

If I'm going to 'just' be the First Lord of the Admiralty, then remove all the diplomacy options from the player. The game can't have it both ways; either I am just the guy in charge of the boats and therefore have no say on who my nations fights, allies itself to, sells vessels to etc or I'm some ageless representative of multiple arms of government in which case I should have proper control of international relations and policy. As First Boat Lord I can write all the nasty letters I like, but it won't sour relations enough to provoke an international war, nor will my being Good Friends with another nation's First Boat Lord make the whole nation decide not to have a war.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

you can just save scum by saving to another file, then saving again to the main save file, and end turn. if you don't like the dice role on a naval invasion or a government capitulation, just reload from the second file, save to the first file again, and end turn hoping for a better outcome.

One thing I have found is a constant irritant.
When I try to manually type changes to the calibre or size of gun (mostly secondaries), I will click on the spot to type it in, but the game will not register the input of the number and it can take 5-6 tries to actually input the correct number.

• Like 1

Can the indicators for ship heading and course (the green arrow and dotted lines out in front of the ship) and red lines indicating ship weapons targets be rendered separately to the game world, the same as other UI elements like ship type icons, damage numbers etc. It doesn't make sense having these indicators obscured by weather and giving them the same visibility as other UI elements will be a huge QOL improvement.

Edited by dariusbei
  • Like 5

Hey, so someone over on Steam asked about keeping V1.4 because they wanted to finish their campaigns so I figured I may as well say it here. It'd be nice to have a Beta of the final build of V1.4 and it'd also be nice to keep the previous versions as well as Betas however I am concerned that having stuff like "previousversion[number] - [build]" is a bit much in terms of visual clutter, something like "[build]" (example just "V1.4.1.1 R") for the previous versions would have better readability overall and renaming the "beta - bata branch" to "Experimental Build" or "Experimental Version" would just over all be a bit more readable and maybe make it clear to some people that the build they're opting into is subject to changes at any moment.

Also, please don't get rid of V1.4.1.1 R when the next update comes.

• 2 months later...

A few observations:

When the lead ship of a division has too much damage, it is crazy for it to turn  towards the enemy. Can this be adjusted so it turns away. 

Changing targets - it is astonishing how often you have acquired a target and the main battery is in the process of hitting it. Suddenly a destroyer comes out and then becomes the target of the main guns, even if 12 km away. The good firing resolution on the main target is lost. 

Where it comes to screening, can there be 2 options? A tight screen which is defensive and stays reasonably close to the main ships and a loose screen which enables them to have a lot more freedom and clash with the enemy line or screens. 

Overall, love the game, though. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, imb39 said:

A few observations:

When the lead ship of a division has too much damage, it is crazy for it to turn  towards the enemy. Can this be adjusted so it turns away. 

Changing targets - it is astonishing how often you have acquired a target and the main battery is in the process of hitting it. Suddenly a destroyer comes out and then becomes the target of the main guns, even if 12 km away. The good firing resolution on the main target is lost. 

Where it comes to screening, can there be 2 options? A tight screen which is defensive and stays reasonably close to the main ships and a loose screen which enables them to have a lot more freedom and clash with the enemy line or screens. 

Overall, love the game, though. 

Wrong thread.

Also @Nick Thomadis you might wanna close this one