Game-Labs Forum

Release date

Adrian

Here is a post by Grim.Reaper on the GrogHeads forums:

[quote]The news we have been waiting for!  Sort of....although ready for EA release, they are having issues with their release platform:(  Hopefully they figure out quickly....

We have good news and bad.
I will start with the good part. We made huge progress with the game in October with the help of focus testers. Many of the game's crashes were fixed, the balance improved, a huge amount of game-breaking bugs were fixed, usability of different game mechanics was improved.  The game is ready for EA release. The game will include the US campaign from April 1775 till August 1776. The campaign will contain 3 stages - Boston, ft. Ticonderoga and Canada. The content is good for learning the game and providing feedback that will help us improve the game. We will continue to develop further content for the US campaign opening the whole map after EA release.
Now a bad part - Unfortunately we have an issue with the release now because the Xsolla platform has problems. We work with the Xsolla team to fix them ASAP.[/quote]

pandakraut has released this video today:

What I don't understand is why the forums here have been totally abandoned by the Dev Team.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, HollyMolly said:

How shall that be xsolla is not a Gaming Platform. It feels a bit not solid. How can i trust this? I have more questions than i get answers 

It's used in the previous game UAD. You may check that in UAD forum.

Steam Keys Information – IMPORTANT

Unfortunately Steam (Valve) has changed policy and we can no longer request keys in advance and they are no longer guaranteed. Thus these purchases can only be accessed through the Game Labs Launcher.  If you want to play Ultimate General American Revolution on Steam, please wait for the Steam release (which could happen in Summer 2024).

4 hours ago, LAVA said:

Steam Keys Information – IMPORTANT

Unfortunately Steam (Valve) has changed policy and we can no longer request keys in advance and they are no longer guaranteed. Thus these purchases can only be accessed through the Game Labs Launcher.  If you want to play Ultimate General American Revolution on Steam, please wait for the Steam release (which could happen in Summer 2024).

So if i buy now i will not get a Steam key for this purchase in the future. If i want to play the game on Steam when it releases there i will have to buy the game a second time?

6 hours ago, PrEugen said:

So if i buy now i will not get a Steam key for this purchase in the future. If i want to play the game on Steam when it releases there i will have to buy the game a second time?

That is correct, due to a change in policy with steam and the increasing popularity of these games, steam will no longer be giving out a large amount of keys to early backers. The xsolla platform will remain completely separate from Steam and will permanently maintained and updated. If you, reasonably, would prefer to have the game on steam, you should wait until the game releases there when it is near its completion. Though this does mean you will miss out on several months of playing the game.

On 11/15/2023 at 2:26 AM, WilliamTheIII said:

That is correct, due to a change in policy with steam and the increasing popularity of these games, steam will no longer be giving out a large amount of keys to early backers. The xsolla platform will remain completely separate from Steam and will permanently maintained and updated. If you, reasonably, would prefer to have the game on steam, you should wait until the game releases there when it is near its completion. Though this does mean you will miss out on several months of playing the game.

Been waiting for this game for years(have over 2k hours in UG:CW)and I wanted to buy the General Edition so I could have my name in game, as well as support the Devs. Hugely disappointed I can't buy it on Steam right now.

So I'd like to know that when it does finally come to Steam, will it be the finished version of the game or will it still be kind of early access and I'll be able to buy the  General Edition?

On 11/15/2023 at 3:26 AM, WilliamTheIII said:

Thanks for your answer. So i have a "difficult" decision to make 🙂