Game-Labs Forum

"Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA 2.8 "Major Powers update"

o Barão

---preview---

VzH1YlD.jpeg

• New improvement by Nathan allow me to tell the AI to use specific beam and draught values per hull. This is essencial in the first years to force the AI to build TBs with minimum values so they can have streched hulls easier to have more room for torpedos,guns and funnels.
  • Also it have the benefit that I don't need to raise the limit anymore for french pre dreadnoughts and french armored cruisers to force the AI to leave enough room for big side guns without interfering with the player freedom.

Other stuff that needs to be changed.

• Egypt should be under British domain for all years.
  • Buenos Aires port needs an upgrade. It is the only port of the most rich nation in south america.
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sir David Green said:

It seems that you can't upgrade the mark of guns on refitted ships? Even when I remove the guns completely of a caliber its stuck at mk 1.
image.thumb.png.a5b765706a00aaee83ac81d59aa9d0b5.png

Left side of the screen on refit where you adjust turret armor there is a button there (I did the same thing and asked the same thing a day or so ago.)

• Like 3

Just came back to see if that huge code tweek/new faction NAR version for 1.6 was released yet, and wow it sure is! playing around with what can be built by the new factions and stumbled across this

17.0in gun

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

17.9in gun

This was on an Argentina hull, but i checked Italy as well and it got huge with them too. Checked 14in to 20in to see if they did the same, but it was only 17in with this problem.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, o Barão said:

Egypt should be under British domain for all years.

The thing was more complicated: nominally Khedivate of Egypt still was an ottoman province until WWI.
So it would be better to make it an ottoman province in 1890 and 1900 campaigns.
Same thing with Canada - it is ridiculous to see it "independent" unlike Australia and New Zealand. At least in 1890 and 1900 campaigns it should be just another British province (Canadian Navy was established not long before the outbreak of WWI)

34 minutes ago, Fangoriously said:

Just came back to see if that huge code tweek/new faction NAR version for 1.6 was released yet, and wow it sure is! playing around with what can be built by the new factions and stumbled across this

17.0in gun

17.9in gun

This was on an Argentina hull, but i checked Italy as well and it got huge with them too. Checked 14in to 20in to see if they did the same, but it was only 17in with this problem.

Thanks. Must be a value error in the scale modifier. I will take a look ;)

Im not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. However, I played NAR about a month ago for a full playthrough, seen the new update and needed to bring the Dutch Navy to its glory. Downloaded the mod all seemed well, menu ship designer works, news shows NAR with updated title. However when I start a new playthrough it just loads for ever and ever. I left it for 2 hours to load up a new save and nothing. It eventually stops responding after clicking in and out of the game enough. Likely a simple installation issue on my part, but figured id ask incase anyone else is having the same issue. on the Melon Loader the last thing it processes are the flags then no more new "loads". Verified integrity of game files, tried to start the campaign off 3 times. All for no dice, just looking to know if a full wipe and reinstall is the best bet or not. 

New guy here, anyone got any tips for making the mod actually work? I've tried reinstalling Melonlauncher, depositing the mod files into both the data folder and mods folder, including leaving it in the mods folder that it comes in inside of said folder and no dice. Would love some assistance in the matter.

7 hours ago, huntsc said:

I did the exact steps to install. Looks to be issue with Tweaks and fixes DLL as I get same errors without mod files. Might be anti-virus stopping as getting virus message with DLL.

Need the actual full MelonLoader log (MelonLoader\latest.log).

But my assumption is you don't have 1.6.0.5 of UAD. Did you forget to update UAD to the latest version? Because if you have MelonLoader 0.6.4, the latest TAF (3.8.2) and the latest NAR, then it will load fine.

6 hours ago, Fangoriously said:

Just started a 1910 campaign, and things like basic steam, black powder and compound armor aren't obsolete. Is that intended?

No. Will be changed later this week with the addition of new modifiers to help the AI to think more like an human player.

BETA 1.0.7 "Major Powers update"- N.A.R. changelog:

• Argentina and Chile ports capacity increase.
  • Egypt under british control all years.

*Needs a new campaign

Files edited:

• params
  • ports
  • provinces
Edited by o Barão
  • Like 1

• o Barão changed the title to "Naval Arms Race" mod overhaul. BETA 1.0.7 "Major Powers update"
14 minutes ago, o Barão said:

BETA 1.0.7 "Major Powers update"- N.A.R. changelog:

• Argentina and Chile ports capacity increase.
  • Egypt under british control all years.

*Needs a new campaign

Files edited:

• params
  • ports
  • provinces

Are you the mod dev? if so, can I please have some help?  I have done everything (I think) is right but the mod doesn't load in the game at all.

(I will just like to mention that I am autistic and struggle with things at times.  Any help would be amazing, but could you perhaps add in additional steps so I can understand it better? like breaking it down for me)

image_2024-09-08_082137160.png

15 minutes ago, SpardaSon21 said:

Man, I'd download and start a new campaign if not for how quickly you're releasing new versions.

The next versions planned this week will be focus in improving how the AI build ships, not changes to the campaign map so you can start now. ;)

• Like 3

It is possible I have screwd up something myself, but in Custom Battles there are two Nations named Estado Nova while Portugal and Brazil aremissing.

UltimateAdmiralDreadnoughts2024-09-0815-16-26.png.d05e928c7b33a1373176d7224b3a2b74.png

Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts 2024-09-08 15-17-15.png

Big thanks for bringing in the minor naval powers!

Edited by HMS Implosive
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, HMS Implosive said:

It is possible I have screwd up something myself, but in Custom Battles there are two Nations named Estado Nova while Portugal is missing.

UltimateAdmiralDreadnoughts2024-09-0815-16-26.png.d05e928c7b33a1373176d7224b3a2b74.png

Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts 2024-09-08 15-17-15.png

Big thanks for bringing in the minor naval powers!

That is correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estado_Novo_(Portugal)

Salazar dictatorship

and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estado_Novo_(Brazil)

Getulio Vargas dictatorship

Both governments had the same name in their countries. "Estado Novo" or "New State" in english.

Those names will show up in late years, around 1940. I implemented most important historical government changes for all the new nations.

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, HMS Implosive said:

Also, is it intentional that Chilean mk4 adn mk5 16" guns are American style when other Chilean guns are of British or German style?

Why mk4 and mk5 and not also the mk1,2 and 3?

I choose the guns based on the caliber, not the mark version. 

Since the newest update, game seems to freeze at a certain point while updating missions before another month begins. Did also happen after restart. My own problem or can someone relate to that? Happened to me after about one year. 

Edit: In fourth try it did work. After closing youtube. Perhaps with the new empires it's just more fragile?

Edited by Peksern
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

Why mk4 and mk5 and not also the mk1,2 and 3?

I choose the guns based on the caliber, not the mark version. 

I mean, currently 16" mk 1, 2 and 3 look like british guns, but mk 4 and 5 look American. I was wandering why only these two guns are American, making them look like they don't belong there (see the picture).

image.thumb.png.98edd7c751993c8ca9be10f88108e902.png