Game-Labs Forum

NAR BETA 3.0.2 "Major Powers update" for UAD 1.6.0.6 opt x3

o Barão

2 hours ago, o Barão said:

What is the most or less weird thing?

1.  To have specific hulls in game that you can use to exploit the game?
  2.  To know that now it is impossible to exploit the resistance modifier?

I just show above an example that in vanilla a 4000 tons DD can have an higher resistance value than a super 100000 tons BB. Is this not weird enough for you?

Yeah I actually think preserving national flavors and specific build philosophies over hundreds of hulls is preferable to your current solution to an exploit you can just not do if you don’t want to.  Also, it seems panzergraf and Nick have been somewhat productive in the official thread about reporting and correcting this issue, so doing literally nothing and waiting may have saved a lot of time for you anyway.  I’m not trying to be mean it just seems like an overzealous change that is throwing the baby out with the bath water.  Now all the hulls that were designed for something other than resistance as a priority are flatly better than all the others.  That just doesn’t seem better than just living with an exploit for a bit.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Северная said:

Yeah I actually think preserving national flavors

There are no national flavors ingame regarding hull stats. The nation flavor come from the 3D hulls/components models. Even the tech tree is the same for all nations.

23 minutes ago, Северная said:

Also, it seems panzergraf and Nick have been somewhat productive in the official thread about reporting and correcting this issue, so doing literally nothing and waiting may have saved a lot of time for you anyway.

This game is now 5 years old and this exploit was not discovered this week (spoiler: it is a really old know issue) and even if the devs fix the issue, I would still need to update 507 hull stats manually one by one.  It would not save anything.

34 minutes ago, Северная said:

Now all the hulls that were designed for something other than resistance as a priority are flatly better than all the others.  That just doesn’t seem better than just living with an exploit for a bit.

A simple list:

• I fixed an old exploit.
  • I made all ships classes endurance differences to feel more realistic.
  • A player can still tweak the hull endurance by increasing the displacement.
  • Made the life much easier now for all the modders that wish to tweak the gun damage and torpedo damage per ship class by editing the stats in the shipTypes for the simple reason, what they will see in battle, is very close to what will happen with others ships from the same class.

But you prefer the old system, where it is possible to see invulnerable ship in action or if not that to fighting for a long time, taking multiple 20" guns hits like it is realistic in some way. By the way, in this update you will read that I updated the AI to design better ships, so even if you the player didn't use the exploit, the new AI would use it in some cases.

Maybe later, if I have the patience to edit 507 hulls, I will give -1,-2,-3 or -4 to each hull that have less tonnage in comparison with the biggest ship in the classe so every hull will feel unique and special to all the players that have problems with standardized values.

But for now I am really tired of trying to improve this game specially knowing what the new beta UAD represents to all us modders so I am going to take a few weeks break from modding. Anyone that doesn't like anything, don't forget that all the mod files are in csv format. Very easy to open and edit/change what you don't like.

• Like 5

Thanks to you, your mod and other modders I got to enjoy this game much more than I believe I otherwise would have. I don't want to make you feel like you're taken for granted. Especially considering the incredible amounts of work you put into this mod and community. Thanks again for your mod and all of your work 🫡

If you are intending the standardization of hull endurances as more of an overall balance change than just a fix for the exploitation of gun damage reduction, then I respect and mostly agree with your stance and implementation. In a way, it potentially future proofs any shenanigans that the devs do with the resistance stat (which flat % modifiers are never a good a idea in game balancing).

5 hours ago, o Barão said:

My only tool I have to fix the gun damage reduction exploit is to limit the resistance value any ship can get. I have not any other way, at least I am not aware at this point.

If you were only trying to combat the gun damage reduction, the simplest method is to change how much gun damage reduction resistance(endurance) gives. You can do this by editing the endurance stat in the stats.csv file, as I mentioned earlier.

18 hours ago, slayerslaine said:

Personally, for my fix for the -100% gun damage exploit, I changed the parameter in the Stats file,
[endurance,,,sum,,Hull,$Stats_name_endurance,"gun_damage(+35;-35),...] to [endurance,,,sum,,Hull,$Stats_name_endurance,"gun_damage(+35;-30)...,]

This makes the max total amount of gun damage reduction to -95%.

So a resistance of about 100 would receive -30% gun damage from resistance. A resistance of 200 would receive 95%.

This only changes the gun damage reduction modifier. If the goal was to preserve the effect of resistance (which also effects torpedo damage reduction and ricochet chance), than this is more optimal. I have it set so the max gun damage reduction from resistance is 95%, which is definitely exploitable. If you wanted to gun damage reduction to be inline with what resistance gives to torpedoes (max -70%). Just change the line to this;

[endurance,,,sum,,Hull,$Stats_name_endurance,"gun_damage(+35;-20)...,]

This would make the max gun damage reduction to -70% at 200 resistance.

With this stat you could even remove gun damage reduction from the resistance stat completely by changing gun_damage(+35;-20) to gun_damage(0;0)

I understand that the next update could be the apocalypse of modding, which I am definitely thankful your willingness to defy against. I definitely don't wish to create any more work for you, considering you do this for free and on your free time.

Edited by slayerslaine
  • Like 3

Yeah, I'll agree that there are other ways to nerf resistance other than by simply flattening it out among all classes.  This is a problem that primarily affects a few super-battleships and you're applying a blunt hammer to everything else.  And has been pointed out, isn't exactly historical since some ships were simply structurally weaker than others, such as the Mogamis and the British battlecruisers, Courageous suffering structural damage simply from cruising at full speed in rough seas!

13 minutes ago, Fyredrake said:

Would this be a bug?  I know recently you upped the VP requirement for peace, however for smaller nations they have limited fleet sizes and despite having an incredible amount of VP over them, I'm still unable to peace out of wars.  Is this intended?  Or is this a bug? 

20240921142514_1.jpg

20240921142507_1.jpg

Yes I did, by a great factor and I understand what you are saying. They have small fleets at this point, and so is not possible to sunk enough ships to get the minimum VP requirements to ask for a peace deal. I will tweak the values.

Thank you for the screenshots. It helps a lot. 👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, o Barão said:

Yes I did, by a great factor and I understand what you are saying. They have small fleets at this point, and so is not possible to sunk enough ships to get the minimum VP requirements to ask for a peace deal. I will tweak the values.

Thank you for the screenshots. It helps a lot. 👍

Np!

I asked this before, but is there something that I'm doing wrong, or something I'm somehow missing????
It's still not working, the game is 1.6.0.6 optx3, I've installed according to instructions, and MelonLoader is installed, it's just not picking up these files. Do I need something in Plugins too or something? Please help, I really wanna play this mod but have no idea what I'm doing wrong, and nobody's made a how to install video or anything for me to check if I'm being dumb and forgetting something or not.

ModProblem3.thumb.PNG.480ddc5c669d4565fae53e69d50f1574.PNGModProblem2.thumb.PNG.376a20daca0de4f257f6ddd9c898a153.PNGModProblem.thumb.PNG.f13822071a3b760d9ab02358f9c6e73c.PNG

3 hours ago, LobstaMan said:

I asked this before, but is there something that I'm doing wrong, or something I'm somehow missing????
It's still not working, the game is 1.6.0.6 optx3, I've installed according to instructions, and MelonLoader is installed, it's just not picking up these files. Do I need something in Plugins too or something? Please help, I really wanna play this mod but have no idea what I'm doing wrong, and nobody's made a how to install video or anything for me to check if I'm being dumb and forgetting something or not.

ModProblem3.thumb.PNG.480ddc5c669d4565fae53e69d50f1574.PNGModProblem2.thumb.PNG.376a20daca0de4f257f6ddd9c898a153.PNGModProblem.thumb.PNG.f13822071a3b760d9ab02358f9c6e73c.PNG

Do you have the .net extension?

12 hours ago, caasicam said:

Is it possible to personally remove the added nations to improve load and turn times? If so which .cvs files should I look at to modify/remove to do so? My pc isn't the best and I strongly prefer to use this mod's gameplay over the base game, it adds so much depth.

Delete "players" and "relationMatrix"  files.

Edited by o Barão

4 hours ago, LobstaMan said:

ModProblem2.thumb.PNG.376a20daca0de4f257f6ddd9c898a153.PNG

in \STEAM\steamapps\common\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\MelonLoader\Il2CppAssemblies you are missing the files highlighted in yellow. Try to reinstall ML and run the game, somehow they didn't get added when ML ran the first initial time.

NAR BETA 3.0.1 "Major Powers update" for UAD 1.6.0.6 opt x3

Tweaks to vp requirements to make it easier to get peace treaty against small nations.

peace_min_vp_difference,30000,minimum VP difference from enemy to trigger Peace Negotiations Event,15000,,,,,,
peace_enemy_vp_ratio,1.5,minimum VP ratio of Winner for Peace Negotiations Event,,,,,,,
peace_vp_sum_prolonged_war,50000,minimum VP sum (Player+Enemy) to check for peace negotiations,,,,,,,

• Like 2

• o Barão changed the title to NAR BETA 3.0.1 "Major Powers update" for UAD 1.6.0.6 opt x3
2 hours ago, o Barão said:

Tweaks to vp requirements to make it easier to get peace treaty against small nations.

peace_min_vp_difference,30000,minimum VP difference from enemy to trigger Peace Negotiations Event,15000,,,,,,
peace_enemy_vp_ratio,1.5,minimum VP ratio of Winner for Peace Negotiations Event,,,,,,,
peace_vp_sum_prolonged_war,50000,minimum VP sum (Player+Enemy) to check for peace negotiations,,,,,,,

Awesome, thank you so much! ❤️

3 hours ago, MDHansen said:

in \STEAM\steamapps\common\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\MelonLoader\Il2CppAssemblies you are missing the files highlighted in yellow. Try to reinstall ML and run the game, somehow they didn't get added when ML ran the first initial time.

Thank you so much, it works now. I tried that before, but now it works, and I made sure to temporarily turn the anti-virus off to mark the dlls as excluded. At least I know what the problem was now :D

• Like 2

4 hours ago, o Barão said:

Updated German language file NAR-Beta 3

Click here to download

If you have any suggestions or changes, please contact me!

Greetings

• Like 2

First of all sorry for my poor english, I have been following and using this mod for a long time, it became a prerequisite for me to start the game, very good work :D

In fact, as an Asian user, I have some content that I want to share with you, because I understand it more deeply.

In 1909, the Qing Navy Minister Zai Xun visited the United States, and the Sino-US naval cooperation plan in 1911.  This cooperation decision almost allowed the Qing Dynasty to purchase two Indiana-class ships.

In September of the same year (1909), Zaixun and Sa Zhenbing went to Britain, Germany, Italy, the Austro-Hungarian Empire and other European countries for inspections.  They expressed their willingness to order various types of warships from these countries.

Judging from the visit to San Francisco on September 19 of the following year (1910), it can be confirmed that the Qing Dynasty and the United States have reached cooperation, and clarified the possible existence of the "Indiana Class Project"

However, it was the United States' idea to suppress Japan.  For the Qing Dynasty, Japan was also their choice for purchasing new ships.  Therefore, just the same time in 1910, Zaixun and Sa Zhenbing also ordered "Yongxiang-class" ships from Japan's Mitsubishi Nagasaki Shipyard and Kawasaki Shipyard respectively.

But we know that the Qing Dynasty fell shortly after these events.  Two of the Yongxiang-class ships were handed over to the Republic of China.  The remaining two ships were canceled because there was insufficient funding, and plans for cooperation with the United States fell through.

Based on the above, I think it is possible for China to join the American BB and Japanese small ships (DD, LC) since 1910s.

Also consider the Republic of China's interested in German and Soviet weapons before World War maybe there is a possibility that they will cooperate in the navy in particular, it has been proven by history that the Chinese Navy uses a large number of German cannons on their ships 

Regarding your recent update, the main reason is that I wanted to introduce an idea  that's why I decided to use this mod for so long before leaving a comment now, "Manchukuo", yes we all know that "Manchukuo" started in 1932, but in Chinese history it is believed to be as early as 1919 , this is the "cause" of the establishment of the puppet Manchukuo.

That was from the "Japanese Kwantung Army".  As early as 1905 after the Russo-Japanese War, they acquired the Liaodong Peninsula and most of the cities in Korea (believed to have been occupied earlier).  From 1910, Japan had Korea and Northeastern China)

In 1890 Japan "Kwantung Army"might have Liaodong.

In 1900,  held Korea

1910 Incorporation of the Russian Far East into the Kwantun Army

Starting from 1920, the national name should be changed to "Manchukuo"

War_Ensign_of_Manchukuo_svg.thumb.png.44ef42506b912c5687c9d5ffd5e69ea3.png

Historically, they had some old Qing ships (usually American and British hulls) but equipped with Japanese weapons.

(But yes they are just TB and Gunship in real)

Naval_Ship_of_Manchukuo.jpeg.46bf1fb85759518284a19ed30bc397d6.jpeg

Interestingly, in 1938, the Japanese Army took over the Manchukuo Navy and renamed it "Jiangshang-Gun".  The "friendly relations" between the Japanese Navy and Army are well known.  They once concealed the fact that the Navy had reached an agreement with Germany to jointly build submarines (and their original plan was actually a destroyer)

Through it maybe it's possible to create a line that uses British and American hulls from 1900 to 1920, followed by a mix of German large hulls and Japanese small hulls, and a mix of Japanese small guns and German heavy guns.

• Like 1

@BRSLL o7! Glad that you are enjoying the mod! ;)

But I am not working anymore with guns or adding new nations and I am not sure if even is possible to add a new nation that only show up in the campaign around 1920. But even if it was possible there is a problem with performance with so many nations already in the mod, and it such a small navy I couldn't consider Manchukuo as a viable option anyway.

Chinese naval guns are for the most part a fantasy, and I reworked all of them already many months ago. I made sure that it would feel unique playing it China but if you wish to change anything, it is very easy to edit the "partsModel" file and add "China" to the gun you wish to have. Just make sure to not have duplicate guns. I also recommend editing that file using excel to avoid any possible issue. Happens sometimes only with this file if using notepad++

About governments what I notice is that it is missing the Chinese nationalist government that ruled China between 1925-1948. I can work on that for the next update. 🫡

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationalist_government

• Like 1

I think I have run into a bug here, I have unlocked the first stereoscopic rangefinder but it isn't showing up in the shipbuilder when I'm trying to attach it to a given ship.  Is there a rare pre-requisite I haven't gotten yet?  Or would  this be an issue with the game? Here is the save file

20240924093234_1.jpg

20240924093303_1.jpg

5 hours ago, Fyredrake said:

I think I have run into a bug here, I have unlocked the first stereoscopic rangefinder but it isn't showing up in the shipbuilder when I'm trying to attach it to a given ship.  Is there a rare pre-requisite I haven't gotten yet?  Or would  this be an issue with the game? Here is the save file

20240924093234_1.jpg

20240924093303_1.jpg

o7! It is an issue with the new instructions I added for the AI. With so many components, I couldn't test all of them.

I will upload a fix today.

Thank you for the screenshots! ;)

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 2