Game-Labs Forum

Get rid of the barbette submenu and of the "side main guns" one too

Stormnet

So, right now, barbettes are a component of their own. You place them, and then a turret on them. Simple enought, right?

But there are problems with the currente system:

1 - The AI is constantly using wrongly sized barbettes for smaller or bigger turrets for no reason

2 - The barbettes also often dont match similar sized turrets, being a little too thin or too thick for the turret.

This has been suggested a while ago, but one potential solution would be to have an option (like a key press) when placing the turret that toggles bettween no (exposed) barbette, superfiring barbette, (smaller turrets) tall superfiring babette (fires over superfiring turrets). The barbettes would be custom made to the turret type and size (and style) they are a part of, preventing some silly AI designs, and fixing some visual imperfections.

EDIT:

Also, btw, get rid of the "side main guns" submenu. Its just anoying to be constantly switching between central and side main guns submenus when I'm building. Just make placing the main guns the same as placing secs (ofc with the bigger size). If I can center a 5 inch, I dont need computer to help me center a 20 inch.

Edited by Stormnet
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Skeksis said:

The designation is probably there for staggered placements, so the designer tool knows the user is trying to place ‘side main guns’ and then it can compute a workable staggered offset. Like it doesn’t do this for ‘centerline guns’.

Then apply this tag to the turrets when the preview of their placement is off center. Or add a toggle mode (by a buttom press or something else) bettween side and center turrets, so I dont have to be constantly switching back and fourth when I build my dreadnoughts.

Since that "side tag" likely causes one of the problems with the current system, which that side and center batteries are treated as diferent batteries in battle, so their reloads dont match, I'd recommend patching that too.

Edited by Stormnet
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stormnet said:

Then apply this tag to the turrets when the preview of their placement is off center. Or add a toggle mode (by a buttom press or something else) bettween side and center turrets, so I dont have to be constantly switching back and fourth when I build my dreadnoughts.

Since that "side tag" likely causes one of the problems with the current system, which that side and center batteries are treated as diferent batteries in battle, so their reloads dont match, I'd recommend patching that too.

Yes, and the aiming calculation is different too. I really hope this gets fixed. It's a shame that HMS Dreadnought, the original all-big-gun battleship, doesn't have a unified main armament in the game named after her.

• Like 1