Game-Labs Forum

Small but important UI suggestion(s?).

Cpt.Hissy

Making a topic for this to be seen.
@Nick Thomadis and team, please add keyboard hotkeys for in-battle time control. I'll suggest spacebar for pause/unpause and maybe 1-2-3 for different speed settings, though those may live without hotkeys. Small thing, but makes experience noticeably better.
Well and key remap screen may be gud too

Now, to not waste a topic, everyone may add their own ideas for small, quick, but helpful things, so team may be adding those in next hotfixes.
Please keep things small and simple, we have many other topics to discuss how something is broken or might be better :)

Edited by Cpt.Hissy

A small, more explicit warning/alarm signal.

Right now, if Im zooming to see another section of my fleet, I might miss the enemy ship/torpedo alarm and you know what that may cause. And the sign (a slightly transparent yellow warning triangle) also isnt that constrasting compared to the scenery and blends in a little.

So, make it a much brighter and flashier yellow, and have sorta of an objective arrow (like many top view games do for markers outside the screen) so I can quickly react, especially to torpedo attacks.

Is there currently a hotkey that allows the player to automatically form a division from all ships currently selected? The only method I see currently is drag and drop which is 1. slower 2. Frequently trips me up because the selected ship 'cards' move the moment you initiate the drag and drop. 

Unrelated, but a useful Battle UI feature would be the ability to cycle through certain types of ship data for all visible ships (Ships in camera range). Better still if that data could be cycled through by some key bind. 

Examples:

1) Speed options for all visible ships read as (Current Speed / Acceleration / Max Speed)

2) Remaining main battery Shells or % ammo remaining 

3) Assigned Division and/or Role (E.G. Div 1 - Battle Line, Div 3 - Scout)

4) Health/Flooding Data 

4 hours ago, admiralsnackbar said:

Is there currently a hotkey that allows the player to automatically form a division from all ships currently selected? The only method I see currently is drag and drop which is 1. slower 2. Frequently trips me up because the selected ship 'cards' move the moment you initiate the drag and drop.

There is alternative way. This here button:
447425051_.png.d2cc758c381bcd7426c867e8aa6c1763.png

To add some ships to a division. select them, click this button and select the division you want to add them to. To just group several loose ships, select all of them but one and here pick that last one to attach the rest to it.
With multi-ship division selected, "Detach" button becomes active, it kicks selected ships out of division. If all the ships are selected, it effectively disbands the division.

Don't know a way to quickly group up all the selected ships in a new division.