Game-Labs Forum

I really want to support this game but I would like honest opinions.

15minutegamer

Hey everyone

I've been interested in this game for a while, i've watched a few of Stealth17's videos and checked in on progress via forums.

I enjoy supporting developers and like to watch a game grow into something awesome, I've backed many games however I've also gotten burnt quite a bit, the final straw was Dead Matter and after that I decided to pick my games way more carefully. So, I just wanna ask the people of the forum, not to get into any arguments just to help someone out if they should get it now or not or maybe wait for:

Core Patch 1

Core Patch 2

Core Patch 3

Core Patch 4

Now my initial thinking is Core Patch 2 however as a YouTuber myself i'm kinda looking for a project to have outside Star Citizen to cover updates, patches, patch notes, etc, to play and learn a game and would be a great time to get into it, to help boost the game among the gaming community as it seems to have went a bit quiet. When looking through the discussions I don't sense a massive amount of positivity either which is worrying but to find a WW2 game NOT forused on pacific battles between America and Japan and where I can design my own ship layouts really is what has me interested and seems a great time to get involved. So i'm kind of in two minds and would love your honest opinions.

Tony 

aka

15minutegamer

Personally I like it a lot. I've got a good 20 hours out of it thus far, I think the campaign will add a lot if done properly. Currently the challenges provide enough interest although there are a few too many "build a big ship and shoot up a load of old ships" missions, and the whole thing is slightly random due to the ai ship designer.

There's a lot of potential here, I hope they follow through. 

There are a few glaring weaknesses; the designer needs some balancing, polishing and some rework around how much flexibility the player has. 

The fleet ai is pretty poor. 

But I'd say it's worth it.

I'd say wait at least till next patch, whatever it will be. To see and measure what you may expect in the future regarding frequency of updates (that you want to cover?) and scale of development between them.
Currently, this is still more of tech demo than a game.

• Like 2

I never played any naval games before, but this game seems very interesting on youtube (tortugapower). I normally don't buy EA games, but this one yes, even in its current version, a lot of fun for me.

Of cause, if you have other games like this played before, your mileage might differ from my experience with it a lot.

Is it right now worth the asking price? I think that depends on your budget and if you like building ships and get a lot of fun out of the naval academy missions.

BUT (WARNING!) there are core mechanics and functions missing, you can't even save a ship you constructed in CBs, the AI is a bit derpy, no minimap and other issues.

I got here after wtching stealth17, and then jumped to watch the others who uploaded vids of it aswell.

the game feel and plays just as it is in the vids.

as others mentioned it lacks at it currant state, still it hadn't kept me from playing more then 100 hours so far and watching hours of contant on youtube.

in the end it really up to your expectations, I would have bought it full price as I did again only to support it, hope others would do the same, mybe it would even give the devs a boost.

I was doing a bunch of YouTube videos on this game last spring (March or so?).  Then stopped when the construction season kicked off (seasonal, Alaska work).  Anyway, didn't end up returning to check on this game until Feb this year...

And nothing has happened.  Pretty much a year of development later.  

I'd save my money if I were you.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, LiamThomson74ttR said:

Honestly, I adore this game, it is really awesome. Moreover, the developers are working a lot on it, and they try to make it better and better with all the new patches. I have been playing it since the day one, after it's release. Trust me, the developers of this game are really great, and they deserve some support. I have also tried to support the rocket league developers. However, I decided to start Rocket league trading as all those money are being a big part of their income. I also adore this game, however    Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts is something different.

Ultimate Admiral is really great, I have been playing it really much recently

• 3 years later...
On 3/21/2024 at 1:54 PM, PhoenixLP44 said:

how on earth did anyone find this post after three years and thought lets reply to this thing

Pretty sure that is a bot. Probably posting some random AI comments to build a post history before shilling for a product to make the spam less obvious.