Game-Labs Forum

PC Freeze

End12

Hello,

After a while my screen freezes and iam unable to do anything.
After i restart my computer the screen stays all black and i have to turn it off again,
and wait a few minutes before turning it on again to make it work again.

I tried to lower the settings and also manually putting the videocard fan on 100% but it still crashes after 5-15 minutes or so.

I got a radeon hd 6850 and a Intel® Core i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz

Thanks in advance,

End

End12, have you cleaned the crud out of your case recently?  Is is possible the machine is overheating?

Blow out the case, any of the heatsinks, and also verify that all of the fans are currently spinning - case fans, cpu fan, gpu fan(s), AND power supply fan(s).

Hi,

I did that recently but will do it again.

ill report after,

Thanks

When you check your PC for dust and fans, pay particular attention to the graphics card cooler. Naval Action does not tax quad-core CPUs particularly but because it doesn't currently have vsync, it will run the graphics card at 100% to get as high a frame rate as possible.

Hi,

So i cleaned out the dust again and also downloaded msi afterburner to lower the Clocks of the gpu and set up a fan speed graph and it keeps the heat around 65 C at the moment.

I just played a full game so it seems like its working again,

Thanks for the help!

I really dislike my gpu fan alot.  With arma 3 the card got to hot aswell and i had huge fps lag for a few minutes until the fan speed went up and the performance went up again.
So i always manually put the fan to always stay on a high % but now with MSI afterburner the fan goes up before it gets to hot so i dont lose performance or screen freezes :D 

A caseupgrade can help a lot.

If your card is not getting enough fresh air there is only so much the fans can do.

Also if you lack exhaust or air-intake the hot air inside your case is re-heating the components over and over.

A fan next to the GPU can help exhausting the hot air its producing. Another intake fan can bring fresh air to your coolers.

The extreme would be a new case xD.

But thats serious business wich can cost some money.

A caseupgrade can help a lot.

If your card is not getting enough fresh air there is only so much the fans can do.

Also if you lack exhaust or air-intake the hot air inside your case is re-heating the components over and over.

A fan next to the GPU can help exhausting the hot air its producing. Another intake fan can bring fresh air to your coolers.

The extreme would be a new case xD.

But thats serious business wich can cost some money.

Get a 20 dollar floor fan, take off the side of the case, aim the fan into it and turn it on high.  Done.  Noisy, but works wonders.  :)