Disconnected when entering Port Battles

contact

have you been disconnected  

3 members have voted

1. 1. have you been disconnected

• yes
    • no

Hi guys.

Today I was attempting to take par in a PB.

I was disconnected in excess of 6 times.

It took me back to log in screen. wen logged back in was in PB battle but then despite being re invited into group. M y ship had no controls. Though it was taking damage.

This as a I say happened a number of times !

I logged back in every time until the battle had ended.

I did do a but report every time. 

Anyone else having same problem please.

Have the Devs sorted it out for you ?

Many thanks all.

Greetings Captain, 

Your reports indicate connection issues on your side that are the reason of disconnects. If a server experienced connection issues, it would affect everyone in the battle.

What kind of connection do you use?

1 minute ago, Ink said:

Captain, this is another issue (not related to yours) that is under investigation yet. Your case is caused by temporary connection issues.

Thank you for reply.

A member of my clan has said could be caused by NA using Peer to Peer connection

On 8/10/2020 at 6:37 PM, contact said:

Thank you for reply.

A member of my clan has said could be caused by NA using Peer to Peer connection

NA DOES NOT use peer to peer connection (player computer to your computer) such connections can be hacked with ease as data is at player hands.
We are fully server based as all PVP games should be. All data even water shape is in the central server location which players cant access. 

Please remind your friend that spreading false information (like saying NA is peer to peer) is against the rules of the forum and the game.  

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

My friend was saying he knew of another game. Not from Steam.I can assure you he was not suggesting NA did.

But if NA did.

I will advise NA does not use this system.

Regards

Edited by contact
Error

@contact @admin I've experienced PB disconnect a few times. I'm placed in the PB instance, but seem to get dropped from the server as other people connect. I've attributed to poor connection on my side, but I can't really say why particularly at PBs. I once was completely dropped from the PB, as NA reported that I had been disconnected for too long (although it must have been no more tha 30 seconds). In other instances, I have simply reconnected without problems.