Game-Labs Forum

So the Standard Edition did say "first half of 2020"

TsAGI

The devs did say the game was going to be able in the first half of 2020, so I thought maybe, just maybe, the people who payed for the Standard Edition should be eligible for their respective game activation keys by June 30th, whether the campaign is finished or not. 

On the other hand, the devs did also say that people who purchased the Standard Edition will not be getting their game keys before the game was released on Steam. Which means since the release date is now delayed, no game access until like August.

So.. I'm guessing Standard Edition buyers will have to wait a few more months?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TsAGI said:

The devs did say the game was going to be able in the first half of 2020, so I thought maybe, just maybe, the people who payed for the Standard Edition should be eligible for their respective game activation keys by June 30th, whether the campaign is finished or not. 

On the other hand, the devs did also say that people who purchased the Standard Edition will not be getting their game keys before the game was released on Steam. Which means since the release date is now delayed, no game access until like August.

So.. I'm guessing Standard Edition buyers will have to wait a few more months?

Admiral, the question has been answered here: 

• Thanks 1

On 6/17/2020 at 1:56 PM, Ink said:

Admiral, the question has been answered here: 

Problem is, that answer is kind of vague and not really the one we were looking for, it is just saying what we already knew from a while ago that we were getting them before the steam release. I think we're more interested in time-frame we can roughly expect it in. I realise this probably isn't possible and after an announcement we were supposed to get about it weeks ago never happened it is understandable. I do just want to ask if there is anything more you can tell us other than we'll get it before the the steam release.

• Like 1

I agree fully. I believe it's only fair for us to be in the loop about this, and surely an alpha launcher access isn't too much to ask for. As it stands it appears that communication from the developers could be somewhat improved. What are the reasons for the delay? What is the hold-up? Sharing the information with the player base can only strengthen the trust.

Well... it's a funny situation.

Warning: scary words behind the spoiler!

Obligatory self-irony first:

Facebook lawyer - Imgflip

Now, let's get to the un-fun part... Legally, that "promise" devs made is not contingent on state of the game at a certain time, as they chose to guarantee delivery of the product by a certain deadline (and vague "first half of 2020" can be interpreted as a certain deadline - civil law allows that), and not explicitly tying it up to an abstract "when it will be ready" - although they could have done that, too. In fact, "when it's ready deadline" and "by <date>" deadline are usually considered to be mutually exclusive, or used together in more... complex deals.

That's actually very important. So, moving this deadline farther away without clients' consent is illegal in countries like Russia, and I bet it's the same way in some other jurisdictions, like the USA or European countries. So, yeah... if you, the Admiral reading this, are a particularly vengeful person, feel free to petition the devs to make good on their obligation (make no mistake, when money is paid, it's not just a "promise" - it's an obligation), and if they refuse to comply - fire away the lawsuit. That doesn't happen often (mostly because gamers don't bother to defend their rights over something as trivial as a computer game), but the law is there - ready to be used... Or, you know, you might just wait however long they say and whine on the forum about it from time to time. Should give you some satisfaction, too. Lol.

@Nick Thomadis While I am not encouraging anyone to petition or sue you (after all, that'd be counter-productive), I believe you should be informed - somebody just might, and even if your chosen law/terms protect you against legal repercussions in such situation, the media fallout would still be there, and it is always better to avoid controversy. So, while I cannot insist on anything, I suggest you consider giving them access to the launcher as promised, and not "when it's ready". You know, just in case...

Edited by Shaftoe
  • Like 1

Okay, so for those that haven't read the pinned post yet, it seems that an update has now been posted giving us a much clearer deadline, apparently the devs are asking Steam for keys next week, so we should be getting them about then which is still within the first half of 2020.

Edited by The Maned Wolf

2 hours ago, The Maned Wolf said:

Okay, so for those that haven't read the pinned post yet, it seems that an update has now been posted giving us a much clearer deadline, apparently the devs are asking Steam for keys next week, so we should be getting them about then which is still within the first half of 2020.

I think I read from that post that we can get the keys but the game itself will not be released on Steam until like August or at best July. The keys are Steam Keys mind you. So... no UAD until late summer? 

23 minutes ago, TsAGI said:

I think I read from that post that we can get the keys but the game itself will not be released on Steam until like August or at best July. The keys are Steam Keys mind you. So... no UAD until late summer? 

Yes, they updated it after I posted here that the steam keys wouldn't work till the release of the game.