Game-Labs Forum

Hello, because I have nothing better to do during quarantine, I have created idea for remaking a radar system in the game.

I have created "little tech tree" for "researching" a radar system and gave each radar it's own statistics based on those currently available in the game and those that will sooner or later appear in the game.

First, the tech tree:

EvW7Fkh.png

You start by researching a Surface Search Radar of First Generation.

After you unlocked SSR of Third Generation, you get access to UNLOCK your first Fire Control Radar.

Every FCR requires mounted SSR of at least Third Generation as it is acquiring basic information about the target position.

NOTE: Icons I have used above ARE NOT BELONGING TO ME.

Below I post a link to see statistics of each Radar, their positive traits, negative traits and improvements over previous ones.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PfBzQoca4lRQsUFeyx3VqMgRmqi-jUJWpEoU8uxRrww/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by HusariuS
  • Like 10

Another thing would be to have multiple radar mounts with different sizes so that ships can have redundant fire control capability, as well as maybe radar for air search and AA fire control.

Look at HMS Vanguard's radars (from Wikipedia):

• 1 × Type 960 air-warning radar
  • 1 × Type 293 target-indication radar
  • 1 × Type 277 height-finding radar
  • 2 × Type 274 15-inch fire-control radar
  • 4 × Type 275 5.25-inch fire-control radar
  • 11 × Type 262 40 mm fire-control radar
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, roachbeef said:

Another thing would be to have multiple radar mounts with different sizes so that ships can have redundant fire control capability, as well as maybe radar for air search and AA fire control.

Look at HMS Vanguard's radars (from Wikipedia):

• 1 × Type 960 air-warning radar
  • 1 × Type 293 target-indication radar
  • 1 × Type 277 height-finding radar
  • 2 × Type 274 15-inch fire-control radar
  • 4 × Type 275 5.25-inch fire-control radar
  • 11 × Type 262 40 mm fire-control radar

Cool thing to add to that would be automated artillery plotting rooms or at least computer-aided calculations. If I remember correctly Iowa-class had fully automated artillery calculations, the computer(s?) would gather all information and produce very crude and simple but at the time revolutionary data that provided the ship with very high accuracy of fire. 
Though it's middle of the night and I'm more of "heard something somewhere" ground so I may be mistaken, I stand to be corrected. 
But it would still be a cool idea to have analog computers that could greatly improve the accuracy of your fire. Especially the really small guns of secondary batteries would need that boost. 

• Like 1

Yeah i really like this idea too be honest, need the same for propellants, fillers etc.

Also i think we need requirements to get certain tech (like oil firing engines) otherwise it will be werid if you suddenly got 19inch guns at 1910 (would be funny doe).

Hope we get to steal, trade and reverse engineer tech as well would add a nice amount of immersion to the game. But i really like this idea doe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1