Game-Labs Forum

Dev Diaries @Dev

SMSBaden

17 hours ago, Shaftoe said:

Nick must be thinking: "Wow. Imagine having to write dev diaries every week, along your other work and family business, for free - so some nerds on the internet will have another thing to whine about discuss."

I kind of agree with you here. Not sure if of course whether Nick agrees (I feel that he won't be that blunt about it), but personally I think their time is better spend developing the game rather than doing marketing stuff, unless they are tight on cash and need more hype or so. Though great to have dev dairies, this is probably not very efficient for a small dev team and might distract too much. 

Edited by Tycondero
  • Like 2

Weekly dev diaries would be great but certainly way too much of a drain to their resources.

However, a general road map would be much appreciated. They are not very forthcoming when it comes to sharing that. 

I get that unfortunately today people are whining a lot when something was suggested to be implemented soon and then it takes longer.

But right now I have gotten tired of missions (I rarely play missions in other strategy games as well). I need campaigns, I need the feeling that the result of my battle actually means something, it carries over to a meta level, here the campaign.

So it would be nice to have an idea how far away that campaign is. Will the first draft be in the next patch (highly doubt it)? Will it be in 5 or 10 patches roughly?

11 minutes ago, fsp said:

So it would be nice to have an idea how far away that campaign is. Will the first draft be in the next patch (highly doubt it)? Will it be in 5 or 10 patches roughly?

only campaign work after this last non campaign related  cant say what will be in it patch

• Like 7

Ye, i would prefer the devs for now, focus on building the game, while i am buzzing for the next update i'd rather it be finished and done properly.

Also im surprised the campaign will be here so soon, was expecting around alpha 8 or 9 for dat.

silly barneh.

• Like 1